Are you passionate about media and education? Do you have expertise in a range of media topics, such as film, television, journalism, or digital media? Do you want to share your knowledge and skills with learners of different backgrounds and goals?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be the perfect candidate for the position of Media Lecturer in Further Education.
As a Media Lecturer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering engaging and effective lessons in media subjects, such as media production, media theory, media ethics, and media research.
- Creating and updating teaching materials and resources, using a variety of media and technologies.
- Assessing and providing feedback on learners’ work, progress, and achievements.
- Encouraging and supporting learners’ personal and professional development, including arranging work experience placements and liaising with employers and industry partners.
- Attending and contributing to staff meetings and professional development activities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in media or a related field.
- Have a teaching qualification i.e. PTLLS or PGCE or the willingness to work towards one within an outlined period of time
- Experience of teaching media or a related subject in further education or a similar setting.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to inclusive and learner-centred education.
- A passion for media and a desire to keep up to date with current trends and developments in the field.
Benefits of working with Reed Further Education:
- Weekly Pay
- Continual Professional Development - Access to training through REED Learning.
- Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
- Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
- The ability to sign up to REED Discount Club.
- Eye Test and Spectacle Vouchers
This will be based in the Bromley Area, paying £30ph-£35ph, 18 hours per week
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'ApplyNow’. If you have any further questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will also be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.