£29,485 – £34,671 • yearly
Rethink Mental Illness
£29,485.09 - £32,025.17per annum (£32,131.20 - £34,671.28pa inclusive of London allowance)
Mental Health UK brings together the heritage and experience of four charities from across the country who’ve been supporting people with their mental health for nearly 50 years. With our local service delivery and national expertise in supporting people whose lives are affected by mental health problems, we have been able to mark a significant footprint in the areas that deeply challenge our mental health and stability.
We provide support and services for some of the biggest societal challenges that pose a threat to people’s mental health, including money problems, navigating through the system to get the right support, understanding mental health, loneliness and isolation, and resilience in young people.
At Mental Health UK we won’t stop until everyone has the tools, they need to live their best possible life.
We are now looking for a talented Digital manager to join our team, on a permanent, full-time basis in our offices in London.
- A salary of £29,485.09 to £32,025.17 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays
- Employer pension
- BUPA employee assistance
- Eye care vouchers
- Life assurance
- Training opportunities
- Flexible working
This is an excellent opportunity for a digital professional with a great leadership style to join our inspiring organisation as we improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness.
Every year, our information and support helps tens of thousands of people get through crises. In this rewarding position, your work will have an enormous impact, allowing us to provide that crucial helpline to those who need it most.
We are driven by the desire to achieve the optimal outcome for both our beneficiaries and our staff. So, we invest in your professional and personal growth with a range of training courses as well as medical assistance and flexible working to suit you.
If you’re looking for a position that comes with the satisfaction of knowing you will make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people, we want to hear from you!
As a Digital Manager, you will increase our online presence and raise awareness of our work as you manage the strategic development of our primary website and those associated with our key digital programmes.
You will continually monitor the technical performance and streamline the user experience design of these platforms to improve user journeys for our beneficiaries and supporters.
Providing line management to a content writer, you will ensure our websites contain high-quality, relevant and engaging content. This content will play a vital role in helping maintain our reputation for providing first-class, trusted advice and information in the field of mental health.
Additionally, you will:
- Act as the principal point of contact for internal website queries, troubleshooting and build requests
- Work closely with beneficiaries and supporters to share their experiences
- Research changes in UK mental health legislation, policy and guidance
- Create SEO friendly content
To be considered a Digital Manager, you will need:
- Experience of line management, including a mix of full time and freelance writers
- Experience of raising the brand profile of an organisation
- In-depth experience of website content management systems (WordPress, Umbraco)
- Experience of creating a successful content marketing and SEO strategies
- Experience of using SEO tools (Screaming Frog, Google Analytics & Google Search Console)
- Experience of monitoring budgets
- An understanding of how to market and distribute information content, both online and offline
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
Ideally, you will have a certificate, diploma or relevant professional qualification in a subject applicable to the post. It would also be beneficial to have experience of working for a charitable organisation or of working with people affected by mental illness.
We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have experience of working with external creative agencies as well as commissioning media projects. Experience of using a CRM database would also be a bonus.
The closing date for this role is the 18th May 2022.
Webrecruit and Rethink Mental Illness are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if looking to make an impact as a Digital Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations might call this position Senior Web Content Editor, Online Content Editor, Digital and Web Editor, Digital Marketing Manager, Online Content Manager, Content Strategy Manager, Digital and Content Marketing Manager, or Digital Content Manager.