Oxford Nanopore Technologies is headquartered at the Oxford Science Park outside Oxford, UK, with satellite offices and commercial presence in many global locations across the US, APAC and Europe. Oxford Nanopore employs from multiple subject areas including nanopore science, molecular biology and applications, informatics, engineering, electronics, manufacturing and commercialisation. The management team, led by CEO Dr Gordon Sanghera, has a track record of delivering disruptive technologies to the market.
Oxford Nanopore's sequencing platform is the only technology that offers real-time analysis (for rapid insights), in fully scalable formats from pocket to population scale, that can analyse native DNA or RNA and sequence any length of fragment to achieve short to ultra-long read lengths.
Our goal is to enable the analysis of any living thing, by anyone, anywhere. We offer real-time nanopore-based DNA/RNA sequencing technology: accessible, easy to use and fully scalable for any requirement.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Research Team as a synthetic chemist contributing to new ways of improving our platform and wet chemistry..This exciting and challenging role will involve laboratory work and meticulous record keeping in order to make moleucles for use across our R&D Division.
This exciting and challenging role will involve equipment maintenance and developing methods for the analysis and purification of target peptide sequences requested across our R&D Division.
The role is based in the Research Division but will support and interact with both the Research and Development Divisions.
Reporting to the principal scientist, the successful candidate will work as part of the synthesis team and contribute to the synthesis of bespoke materials varying from target analytes, polymers, linker chemistries through to surface modifications and characterisations. More specifically, the role will involve -
- Synthesis of a wide range of molecules, tending towards the polymeric
- Maintenance of synthesis equipment and laboratory space.
- Analytical methods such as NMR, mass spectrometry, FTIR and other spectroscopic methods as required.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and agile environment
- Working and communicating effectively with other groups, primarily in Research and Development
- Some travel to spectrometers within 10miles of headquarters will be required
What We Are Looking For…..
- Masters or equivalent in synthetic chemistry or related subject.
- Laboratory experience in the synthesis and purification of target compounds
- Strong attention to detail and good problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a high level of organisation.
- A strong desire to learn and build on the role.
We offer outstanding benefits to include an attractive bonus, generous pension contributions, private healthcare and an excellent starting salary. Based within beautiful, landscaped surroundings with tree-lined walks, water features and a lake, all of which make for a wonderful working environment.
If you are looking to utilise your skills to really make a difference to humankind, then consider joining our team and apply today!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.