Role: Energy Market Analyst
Location: Cheltenham - relocation could be supported
Our client build and operate a portfolio of energy assets, trading on the UK power markets.. They are looking for an Energy Market Analyst, to be responsible for conducting comprehensive analysis of UK market dynamics and geopolitical influences, monitoring competitor activities, and maintaining a competitive edge. You will also lead improvement initiatives, identify future business opportunities, and execute trading strategies. You will need, a degree in a related field, a track record as an Energy Markets Analyst or in a similar role. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of UK market trends, supply and demand dynamics, regulatory shifts, and geopolitical influences impacting Battery storage assets.
- Monitor competitor activities and market developments,
- Cultivate expert knowledge of GB power market and National Grid ESO balancing services.
- Generate regular reports on key Trading KPIs and market intelligence for senior management.
- Develop forecasts, models, and asset optimisation to facilitate strategic decision-making.
- Lead continuous improvement for the in-house market fundamental price model and coordinate related IT infrastructure enhancements.
- Identify future business opportunities through automated trading, advanced forecasting techniques, and data science applications.
- Execute trading strategy in auctions and continuous exchanges as required
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, Finance, Energy Management, or a related field.
- Proven track record as an Energy Markets Analyst or in a similar role
- Understand UK energy market - electricity, gas, renewables, and emerging technologies.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel and Python,
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to extract meaningful insights from intricate datasets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy pricing, hedging, and risk management strategies.
- Solid communication/presentation skills, enabling complex ideas to non-tech stakeholders.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities and able to work both independently and collaboratively