Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Do you have experience in molecular biology techniques such as DNA / RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, capillary / agarose gel electrophoresis or magnetic bead-based techniques?
Would you like to work for a ground-breaking diagnostics company in London?
My client is developing a revolutionary new NGS-based diagnostic platform in an easy-to-use, sample-to-answer, cartridge-based system designed to generate actionable results direct from clinical specimens in a matter of hours.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire outstanding scientific talent, including a Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology, to join the existing multi-disciplinary NGS platform development team, filling key roles in the rapidly expanding program.
This role would suit an experienced molecular biologist looking to work for a revolutionary company with a solid technology foundation.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology:
- Support NGS technology development, including development of molecular biology and biochemistry modules and transfer to cartridge-based workflow.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments in a timely manner.
- Provide detailed descriptions of experiments and complete analysis of data, suggesting next steps.
- Identify technical issues as they occur and troubleshoot.
- Effective management of required documentation in accordance with company quality management system and ISO 13485 standards.
- Support the resolution of technical problems encountered during experiments.
To be considered for the Senior Research Assistant – Molecular Biology, you'll need the following skills and experience;
- A BSc or MSc in a relevant life science discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or have equivalent working experience
- Proficiency with Molecular Biology and/or Biochemistry techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, capillary/agarose gel electrophoresis or magnetic bead-based techniques.
- Ability to design, troubleshoot, perform and analyse experiments to generate high quality experimental output and analysis.
- Knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, primarily on sample prep and NGS library prep.
- Ability to design, perform, troubleshoot and analyse experiments
- The capability to deliver to deadlines and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Biotechnology company in London, who offer great career development and an innovative working environment.
Key Words “NGS, Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Assay, Molecular Biology, PCR, Polymerase Chain Reaction, qPCR, rtPCR, Senior Research Assistant, Senior Research Associate, Research Assistant, Research Associate, Scientist, London”
Please apply online or contact Katie-May Kress at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.