My client, a leading Private Equity firm, are looking for a Market Intelligence Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
The role's key purpose is to support the raising and investment of my client's funds by:
- Leading the firm's market research function
- Researching and analysing financial markets, to produce insightful, high-impact communications materials
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative research on private markets to support the Firm's fundraising and investment activity
- Understanding different audiences to shape and curate bespoke materials
Produce market-related content to support capital raising, investor relations and deal origination, including the production of regular and ad hoc presentations and reports. To include:
- Researching and analysing financial markets, using both internal and external resources to deliver insights on markets, competitors and origination opportunities. Utilise both written content and financial modelling of statistics.
- Monitoring private market industry trends and behaviours keeping up to date with the market, both externally and through a close relationship with the firm's Investment and Investor Relations teams
- Provide tailored research for the Investor Relations, Investment and Strategy teams
- Track and analyse intelligence on competitors including their fundraising, investment activity, fund performance, and product development.
- Create tailored materials for senior professionals to present at conferences and at my client's own events, to support the firm's engagement with institutional investors and other target audiences.
- Contribute to the production of my client's private market research publications through the analysis of market trends and my client's own data.
- Deliver data and messaging for use by the firm's executives in leading financial and PE press to help build the firm's brand positioning.
- Leverage the firm's data resources (both internal and external) to derive insights using automation / AI where possible
- Conduct market analysis of data and bench-marking suppliers/products to ensure that the Firm continues to benefit from the best and most cost-efficient market intelligence solutions.
- Ability to generate insightful market commentary/communications by sourcing and analysing market, industry and economic data.
- Background in financial markets- (Experience in the private equity / alternative assets / asset management industry would be an advantage.)
- Highly intelligent, with strong academic qualifications, the successful candidate will be able to hold their own in an intellectually challenging environment. (A good undergraduate degree is a minimum requirement).
- Highly numerate, with strong analytic and visual presentation skills. (Good familiarity with MS Excel, and PowerPoint will be essential)
- Good business writing skills
- Project and stakeholder management skills
- Confidence as a speaker and communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.