Head of Communications / Director of Communications / Communications Director
BCLM is an equal opportunities employer and we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from underrepresented groups.
Black Country Living Museum is one of Europe’s most successful open-air museums. Our strategic view is that our success originates from being an independent heritage business, and giving equal weight to our purpose as a museum, charity, and visitor attraction. The Museum is also regularly used for TV and film locations, and hosts some fantastic seasonal and themed events including our 1940s Weekend and Peaky Blinders Nights. We are currently embarking upon the single largest development in our 44-year history with a multi-million pound investment to take our story into the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s.
The Head of Audience & Communications will be responsible for developing and delivering the Museum’s strategic and operational marketing strategies.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will play a central role in enhancing the Museum’s profile as a world class cultural organisation. Specifically this will include:
- Strengthening our engagement with existing visitors, developing new and diverse local, national and international audiences.
- Crafting tactics to support the marketing, communications, audience development and PR strategies of the Museum.
- Delivery of our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan on diversifying audiences.
- Applying your expertise across digital and offline marketing, PR and communications campaigns.
- Planning the tone of voice and visual identity of the Museum.
- Monitoring competitor and visitor activity, and national tourism strategies, to keep pace with trends and visitor sentiment.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced marketer, expert at delivering tailored messaging to a range of audiences and markets. You will also have significant experience of audience development and communications at a senior level and will combine creative and entrepreneurial thinking with excellent interpersonal, influencing and managerial skills. You will have a proven track record of leading a team and developing dynamic and effective marketing, communications and audience development strategies.
In addition to the above, interested candidates should have a professional marketing qualification, experience of working at a strategic level, well-developed people and budgetary skills and excellence in collaborative project management.
The role is based in the heart of the Black Country’s regeneration zone, with good road, rail, and shortly metro links. We are within good commutable distance from many of the surrounding counties, including Worcestershire and Staffordshire. As well as financial rewards, the Museum offers a truly invigorating and kind work environment with a positive attitude to work life balance.
To apply online, please visit our website.
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022