This job is archived
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Hours of work: 09:00 – 17:30
Starting salary: Dependant on experience
Location: Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per year rising with years of service
Benefits: Medicash scheme/Pension scheme
Exchange Chambers is an award-winning, progressive, full service set of barristers’ chambers in Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds with a proven track record in all major areas of law. With over 200 members, including 24 silks, we are one of the largest and most well-resourced Chambers in England and Wales. This allows us to provide strength in depth and an unparalleled level of service and cover.
We are seeking to recruit a Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of Chambers’ marketing and communications strategy. This is an ideal role for a marketing professional with 2 years+ experience.
- Development and maintenance of the website. Management of all content including news items, articles and blogs, seminar listings, and other key webpages using WordPress (content management system)
- Management of members’ CVs and profiles, including PDF CVs in Adobe InDesign
- Management and implementation of digital communications via LEX Marketing, including seminar invitations, bulletins and newsletters etc.
- Production of advertisements and artwork for marketing campaigns on an ad-hoc basis – pupillage, recruitment etc.
- Social media management – oversee the role out of campaigns and manage profiles (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Manage SEO and digital marketing strategy – work closely with external digital partner to implement strategy
- Reporting – produce regular reports on website performance using applications such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Liaise with tech partner, Connect Internet Solutions, regarding technical website and hosting issues.
Print / collateral
- Manage the production of marketing literature, including brochures, flyers, seminar handouts, business cards etc. – all designed in-house using Adobe InDesign (industry standard publishing software)
- Development and implementation of corporate brand guidelines
- Manage content for all marketing literature
- Manage the production of all marketing materials and collateral including in-house design and print specifications
- Liaise with external suppliers, printers and merchandisers for production
- Management of Chambers’ legal directory submissions – Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500
- Management of legal directory online profiles
- Liaise with directory researchers/editors
- Assist in gathering information and statistics for legal award entries
- Maintain Exchange Chambers’ set profiles, both online and print
- Write legal directory award submissions as and when necessary
- Management of the LEX Marketing module – application used for digital communications
- Management of data – development of marketing groups and coordination of ‘cleaning’ activities
- Reporting on marketing groups/success of marketing campaigns
- Ensuring that the database is GDPR compliant
- Oversee the production of monthly internal newsletter
- Marketing announcements/updates via email or LEX Marketing
- Production of internal resources – social media policy etc.
- Work with PR Agency (Bob Bion, twentyfour7 PR) to oversee all PR activity
- Manage Twitter and LinkedIn to maximise PR outcomes
- Ensure press cuttings and PR highlights are included in the internal newsletter
- Work closely with the Seminars and Training Manager to ensure that all seminars and events are marketed effectively
- Production of marketing materials and resources for seminars, including PowerPoint presentations, handouts, brochures and flyers
- Ensure that all seminar literature and related marketing materials meet brand guidelines
- Production of a range of ad-hoc surveys to aid marketing efforts including pupillage, personal injury, client satisfaction survey
- Reporting/analysis of client surveys
- Manage Marketing Assistant
- Attend all departmental meetings and committees that may require marketing
- Organise corporate photography shoots for the website
- Support senior management as and when required
- Marketing professional with at least two years + experience
- Strategic thinker and ability to lead strategic implementation
- Ability to communicate confidently with barristers, management, clients and suppliers via email, telephone and in person
- Strong written communication and grammatical skills
- High attention to detail and sound proofreading skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a busy and ever-changing workload.
- Ability to work well in a team, particularly on projects in conjunction with the seminars team
- Good commercial awareness, knowledge of the legal sector and understanding of how a Barristers’ Chambers operates
- High level of proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (advanced user of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Graduate level of study or equivalent educational attainment (graduates with Arts and Humanities degrees will not be disadvantaged)
- Experience of working in a similar legal professional services role
- Experience of managing a Marketing Assistant
- Knowledge/experience of Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Advanced knowledge/experience of WordPress
- CIM qualified, or working towards qualification
At Exchange Chambers we value and celebrate diversity. We would encourage applications from all minority groups and backgrounds.