Senior External Communications Manager –new senior appointment - second-in-command in the comms team within prestigious global law firm.
This prestigious global law firm has one of the best cultures in the legal sector and is a great place to work. If offers real flexibility in its hybrid working as well as being really hot on diversity and inclusion.
This Senior External Communication Manager role is a new appointment. Reporting to the Head of Communications for the EMEA region you will work closely with them to develop the comms strategy. You will oversee the execution of the strategy, managing a team of two. Most importantly, this role will allow you to deputise for the Head of Comms.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with the Head of Comms to develop and drive the PR strategy for the EMEA region;
- Play an advisory role to the Managing Partner in developing their reputation;
- Manage potential issues and crisis management;
- Oversee the firm’s relationships with third parties such as PR agencies;
- Utilise your strong relationships with national, trade and local press as well as broadcast media;
- Encourage and facilitate the partners to develop relationships with the press;
- Provide media training and prepare partners for interviews;
- Identify speaking opportunities for partners;
- Monitor and analyse activity and measure ROI.
You will have significant media relations and external communications experience gained within the professional services sector. Ideally, this will have been gained within the legal sector. Alternatively, a background working in PR agencies on legal sector accounts would also be considered.