This job is archived
Business Development Executive
Forbes Solicitors’ business development team is looking for an experienced Business Development Executive to support our teams and sectors across the firm. This is a full-time role working 36.25 hours per week, Monday- Friday, based at our Gordon House office, with the option for hybrid working available.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Business Development Executive looking for the next step in their career to work in a collaborative and professional team. Whilst the role will be working to the fast-pace, customer focus and high standards of a law firm, the role will also provide a sustainable work-life balance and relate to the regional area in which it is based.
Reporting into the Business Development Manager you will be a highly motivated, commercially astute individual, who will help move forward business development plans that will drive the growth of the commercial teams.
You will have a natural flare for stakeholder engagement and the drive to make things happen.
The role will be responsible for delivering successful outcomes such as:
- Producing proposals, capability documents and assisting with tenders to support in the winning of new clients/ retention of existing clients
- Researching potential new targets and opportunities to help drive growth across all teams
- Targeting event touchpoints and hot leads to drive growth across teams
- Supporting with developing and maintaining our referrer relationships and strategic partnerships, assisting with increasing the number of organisations being recommended to Forbes
- Supporting with internal cross-selling strategies to maximise client opportunities
- Organising targeted business development events and hospitality
Forbes Solicitors offer the full range of legal services to individuals, commercial clients and a number of specialist sectors where we excel nationally. We have offices across the North but our roots are firmly based in Lancashire. Our clients tell us that we stand out from other firms. We are real people who are passionate about getting the best results. Working together and listening to our clients, we provide genuine and practical advice.
We are looking for someone who displays our values; specifically someone who can excel, is engaged, is a real person, displays fairness in all they do and has a one team ethic.
We are committed to being supporting organisation that keeps the people at the focus and therefore we offer a range of additional benefits including:
- Competitive Salary;
- 33 Days Annual Leave, including bank holidays;
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (Subject to T&Cs);
- A day off for your Birthday;
- Ongoing Training and Development;
- Progression Opportunities;
- Company Pension;
- Service Awards;
- Health Care Benefits (Health Cash Back Plan and Mental Health Counselling Services);
- Other Employee Discounts;
- Recruitment and Legal Department Referrals (Subject to T&C’s);
- Annual Events.
If you are interested in this role specifically or just working at Forbes Solicitors please do head to our website to learn more about us. You can apply for this role on the website here - Vacancies at Forbes Solicitors.
We will be progressing applicants to the next stage based on applications demonstrating the following the knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Demonstratable postgraduate Business Development experience preferably in a professional services environment.
- Evidence of organisational skills and able to deliver to competing customer deadlines
- Evidence of effective communication skills in a variety of methods to a range of stakeholders and audiences
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- Evidence of developing or working on business development plans and proposals
Forbes is an equal opportunities and disability confident employer and accredited to Investors in People and ISO 9001 quality management systems. We support the principle of equal opportunities in relation to any opportunities which we might provide through the engagement of employees; the provision of services to clients; and the appointment and engagement of suppliers. We are committed, wherever practicable, to maintaining a workforce which broadly reflects the local community in which we operate.