Our client is a leading workplace experience and facility management company they are looking to hire an Internal communications manager/consultant. This is a 6-8 month contract. You will have experience of delivering large Transformation communications projects. Be tactical and strategic. You will be working with the Director of Internal Communications and key senior stakeholders lead design, development, implementation, and execution of our client’s internal communications strategy. Be an advocate for the strategy, ensuring buy-in across the business, working proactively with senior executives and stakeholders to execute against the agreed strategy.
- Experience working in a senior Internal Communications role, preferably with transformation experience.
- Solid experience creating and executing internal communications and a track record of delivering.
- Demonstrated success managing teams internally & externally (contractors and agencies).
- Keen to understand the ‘bigger picture’ and gather information to stay informed.
- Able to be hands-on as well as strategic. A “team player” who can lead by example, with high accountability for own actions.
- Proven problem-solving ability that can identify source of problem, impact of problem as it relates to other functions, impact on stakeholders, and recommended solution.
- Experience of being a trusted influencer and advisor operating at all levels, across complex reporting structures.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all levels of management. Excellent presentation and communication skills. A good writer with the ability to create compelling messages.
- A degree or equivalent.
- Support Director of Internal Communications with UK&I’s relationship with Group on all Internal Communication matters – ensure relevant content is utilised locally and shared globally. Encourage best practice and innovation sharing.
- Develop communicators, ensuring they are delivering high-quality work across their roles and projects, and providing opportunity for stretch and development..
- Lead development, approval, execution and measurement of communications linked to transformation programme.
- Work collaboratively and closely, in a business-partnering model, with function, unit and transformation teams to deliver high quality, accurate internal communications, on time and on budget.
- Support the development of a world class function, working collaboratively to demonstrate ‘one team’ behaviours and fostering a positive working environment, helping to build a coaching led culture.
- Partner, provide guidance, and act as a sounding board and source of communication expertise for senior leaders, people leaders and key workstreams, to deliver high quality creatively strong content and messaging.
- Lead the development of inspiring and insight driven creative briefs that drive excellence in creative output.
- Initiate and create innovative employee communications content for use internally including thought leadership, blogs, videos, infographics and other digital content for distribution through appropriate channels including online and through internal Town halls, webinars and briefings.
- Work with third party agencies to ensure they are effectively contributing to and aligned with the strategy.
- Drive innovation and improvement in our digital channels, embedding measurement, and driving a creative and innovative approach to using digital content.
- As part of your role, support the business’ crisis communications efforts as required.