This job is archived
Position: Senior Marketing Executive
Salary: £40,240 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Would you like to make a positive difference to healthcare in the work that you do?
At the BMJ we are here to work towards a healthier world for all. We support professionals working in clinical practice, research, education, and government to tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges. We’re looking for a proactive marketing professional to join our customer-centric team and implement marketing strategies that will engage our audiences, driving engagement and acquisition of our research and clinical products.
Expertise in email marketing and automation is essential in this role, alongside experience across other marketing channels as you’ll work closely with a team of channel specialists to define and implement effective multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Initiates and creates campaigns to support business objectives such as usage and acquisition
- Where budget is required for assigned projects, makes decisions on how to use this effectively Seeks to understand how channels work together as part of the customer journey
- Creates email campaigns on Adestra, PeopleStage and develops automation journeys
- Plans multi channel campaigns working with channel specialists to implement them
- Writes compelling copy for campaigns and is confident briefing agencies e.g. for design assets and multimedia.
- Investigates and tests new digital marketing technologies and techniques to make improvements and efficiencies
Analytics and testing:
- Identifies success metrics for campaigns and presents / reports on these to stakeholders
- A/B tests campaigns inc. different imagery, layout, length of text etc. in order to build up expertise in what engages the customer.
- Contributes to the tracking and recording of this testing
- Works with the data team to ensure all interactions are measured accurately in Google Analytics
- Develops a deep understanding of our products and customers and uses this knowledge in campaign messaging
- Identifies insight about what engages customers and what doesn’t, sharing knowledge with the team
Qualifications & Skills
Desired skills & experience:
- Super user of Adestra or other email marketing software
- Experience using digital marketing channels including PPC, social and SEO
- Knowledge of the publishing industry (desirable) or journals marketing
- Understanding of author and researcher audiences (desirable)
- Strategic thinker and hands on implementer
- The ability to write compelling and customer focused copy
- Confident stakeholder management skills inc. influencing and negotiation
- Experience in presenting to groups of people Logical and able to construct a process
- Project management skills
- Data driven; understands what to measure and when
- Comfortable with new technologies
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12% Multiple discounts through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in