This job is archived
(Archived) Events Manager
The Company – Events Manager
We are working with an incredible social enterprise based in Essex to find an events manager to join their growing and incredibly busy Marketing and Communications team.
They help over 4 million people in the east of England every year by delivering a vast range of health and social services and are committed to proving high quality, safe and responsive care in the communities they work in
With a team of 14,000 people company wide, this extensive and multi-faceted organisation works across a variety of community settings such as nursing homes, primary care homes, Community clinics and hospitals and from within people’s homes to provide their care and support they need.
The Role – Events Manager
Reporting into the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, this newly created role will see you take full ownership of the planning and successful delivery of a huge range of both internal and external events.
Working closely with project teams and the wider marketing function you will create engaging and innovative events to drive both employee and public engagement.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in the organisation and delivery of both online events such as webinars and live streaming and in-person events including employee events, galas, and conferences.
Key Responsibilities – Events Manager
- Development and implementation of the groups events strategy, focusing on public and employee engagement.
- Managing face to face and virtual events from conception to completion, delivering events to the highest standard to meet their objectives of success.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for events collaborating with colleagues to develop all event materials; physical and digital.
- Research suitable venues and resources, make site visits, and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to support achievement of planned activities.
- Negotiate with and manage related suppliers (e.g., audio-visual supplier, speakers etc) including continued correspondence throughout the process.
- Plan and manage logistics for events, including attendee lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, decor, and marketing and promotional materials.
- Take responsibility for event-day management including liaison and briefing of supporting staff, co-ordination of sponsors, general logistics, and overseeing of the production team. Troubleshoot and manage any issues that arise.
- Manage accurate budget records and monthly forecasts for planned meetings and events.
- Facilitate the production of event content (e.g., presentations, videos), consulting with colleagues and suppliers, as necessary.
- Plan and facilitate promotional activities through a range of channels to support achievement of event objectives.
- Ensure up to date event information is publicised on the Community Platform and websites.
- Support and training colleagues to run meetings and events virtually.
Key Requirements – Event Manager
- 2+ Years experience in an event planning role with good exposure to all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, both in-person and virtual
- Exceptional Project and Budget management Skills
- Good Knowledge of promotional and marketing techniques, including social media
This role offers great flexibility around working from home and remote working so is commutable from Chelmsford, Colchester, Ipswich and Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
Search Brand Recruitment on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all of our latest jobs.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern region.