The Programme Officer will primarily support the team on coordination, logistics and delivery of strategic events and activities aligned to our priority markets and sectors. This role will act as the internal liaison on the event pipeline, domestic and international visits. Plus, will collaborate with team leads to coordinate overseas visits to priority markets.
The post holder will be required to work collaboratively across other teams, within the body to ensure we have a seamless approach and effective delivery.
We are looking for a proactive, collaborative team player with experience in working in a busy environment with many stakeholders including VIPs, government and business. They should have good stakeholder management skills and be able to multi-task effectively.
Your new role
- Support the team on strategic events and activities aligned to our priority markets and sectors.
- Be responsible for managing individual event logistics (physical and virtual). Including oversight and responsibility for budgeting, liaising with internal colleagues to design and host stakeholder events, liaison with external event partners, coordination of invitations, coordination of marketing and communications to support marketing team.
- Act as internal liaison on event pipeline, domestic and international visits
- Work with team leads to coordinate overseas visit logistics to priority markets.
- Engage with wider departments and teams to represent the events and activities, domestic and international visits schedule.
- Maintain a forward planning calendar of key events and events aligned with team priorities and markets.
- Coordinate and act as main point of contact for international visit management, including scheduling internal calls and meetings with external stakeholders, supporting the team lead to produce a visit brief, main point of contact for business delegations, plus coordination of marketing and communications to support marketing team.
- Contribute to weekly internal team and project meetings.
- Actively seek to implement the Occupational Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties.
- Actively seek to implement the Equal Opportunity Policy and the objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade.
- Comply with the Financial Regulations and properly monitor and report budget outturn positions on a regular basis as required, including alerting the Line Manager and Chamberlains representative of any significant budget variance in a timely manner and taking appropriate corrective action
What you'll need to succeed
Technical Skills / Professional Qualifications / Relevant Education & Training
- Direct event management experience, both virtual and physical - essential
- Experience in supporting delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects - essential
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be capable of multi-tasking effectively, as well as managing stakeholders - essential
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to connect and engage across multiple teams, business units and organisations - preferred
- Prior knowledge of Financial and Professional Services sector and the FPS landscape - preferred
- Experience of governmental process and public-sector environments would be advantageous - preferred
- Ability to use key Microsoft Office systems competently, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint - essential
- Attention to detail, organised and structured in approach, able to meet and manage tight deadlines - essential
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.