An exciting 12 month FTC.
Your new company
A forward thinking engineering company based in the South West is looking for some support due to growth since the Pandemic. The role is a 12 month contract to support the Procurement team.
Your new role
Provide a professional and consistent level of service to internal customers and to the external supply base. To sustain a robust supply chain with customer demand, quality, cost & on-time delivery.
- Expedite supplier schedules to ensure on-time delivery of direct materials.
- Correct and timely processing of Ad-hoc purchase requisitions.
- Generate replenishment orders for production consumables & machine tooling.
- Weekly review of material shortages, providing feedback to key personnel.
- Escalate supplier price increases to the Manager.
- Communicate with production teams on every day needs and issues.
- Contribute to ongoing cost reduction projects.
- Work to make improvements by using continuous improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with quality team to process supplier rejects to a suitable conclusion.
- Visit our suppliers when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Manufacturing background.
- Previous Experience with MRP systems.
- Previous experience of supporting purchasing team
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive:
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Productivity bonus
- Life assurance & Pension
- Competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.