Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic team, which supports our lawyers in providing first- class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,300 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the coronavirus pandemic, we successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We have begun returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, where we will enjoy the range of excellent facilities again in a safe and mindful environment.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as an Event Coordinator.
We are recruiting for an experienced Events Coordinator to work within the Client Services Events Team, forming part of the wider Business Services function and based at the firm’s Head Office in London.
The Events Team are an integral part of Client Facilities and are responsible for managing client events and significant internal events, and also support events with other key audiences such as graduate recruitment.
This role will report into the Senior Events Manager and have wider interactions with the Client Facilities department and Business Development teams.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- End-to-end management of a variety of onsite and offsite events (virtual, hybrid and in- person) including taking a brief, proposal creation, presentation of ideas and solutions, invitation and guest list management and post event analysis and recommendations
- Working with Business Development teams to design client events that maximise attendee engagement taking into consideration the client experience and content longevity
- Working with the Audio Visual team to host and coordinate virtual events including technical rehearsals with speakers
- Setting event objectives in collaboration with the key stakeholders and measurement of success against these post event
- Creating event ROI data and reporting to key stakeholders
- Researching venues, suppliers, event tech and industry trends to maintain knowledge
- Leading logistical arrangements and liaison with the relevant internal teams, including catering porterage, audio visual, security and technology
- Creating invitations using e-marketing tool
- Supplier sourcing and management (obtaining quotes from suppliers and commercial negotiation, contract review and approval)
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
- Providing onsite support as part of the events team including meeting and greeting guests
- Working with internal creative team on the design and production of all event collateral
- Onsite management of events to ensure they run smoothly and as scoped
- Conducting site visits and other supplier meetings
- Producing and analysing evaluation feedback
- Advising and ensuring correct H&S and contingency procedures are adhered to during event execution
- Budget management ensuring all events stay within approved budget and processing of all related invoices
- Ensuring necessary licenses are obtained
- Building and maintaining a strong internal network with a variety of teams including the wider Client Services teams, Business Development, L&D and HR.
Candidates for this position must have:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as CRM systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics 365) and e-marketing tools
- Knowledge of a range of online event platforms
- Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to present ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively at all levels
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness
- Well presented, requirement to adhere to firm’s grooming guidelines
- Flexibility with hours when required.