- Work closely with Account Managers and Product & Range Manager to develop a trade marketing plan to elevate brand awareness and increase sales
- Oversee day-to-day marketing execution within Independent Retailers and selected Grocer partners to maintain and optimize plan
- Support Commercial teams with customer specific brand and product presentations
- Regular auditing of product pages to ensure content is best optimized and accurate.
- Present marketing plans and updates to customer marketing & commercial teams, aligned to the overall marketing strategy
- Create and execute forward thinking trade marketing and PR strategies that position Hallmark in a positive light. This includes identifying and supporting key spokespeople across the business, as well as proactively managing Hallmark’s external reputation
- To work with the Executive team to plan and / or proactively manage our communications response to industry changes, events, issues, or internal strategic change across all stakeholders in order to mitigate corporate risk or crystallize opportunities
- Bring Hallmark’s B2B proposition to life for trade audiences via the creation and delivery of a content marketing plan, including the use of case studies and advertorials
- Brief and manage internal and external creative and design teams to deliver marketing, communication and POS materials, ensuring it matches the relevant tone of voice and aligns with style guides.
- Plan, organise and coordinate trade events to meet the needs of accounts (such as PG Live and annual Roadshow calendar), helping to solidify Hallmarks reputation within the Industry
- Drive buy-in from our Independents Retailers through the creation of promotional material and ‘webstore’ campaigns
- Support on industry award submissions
- Conduct regular audits of the channel, category and competitor activity to advise future decisions.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the product range across multiple categories.
- Analytical focus on measuring marketing’s impact vs KPIs and ROI vs spend.
- Budget management and the ability to track annual spend, with the support of the Procurement Team
- Develop and implement trade marketing KPIs
- This role is self-sufficient in that you will develop the plan and utilise external agency resources to deliver it
- Actively take part in Global Best Practice meetings with colleagues from other subsidiaries to ensure share knowledge and best practice
Trade Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Solid marketing experience with a well-rounded approach and previous experience of working FMCG company, ideally a creatively-led business
- Previous experience of working with marketing agencies as key point of contact.
- Resourceful and comfortable with budget management and the ability to gain maximum ROI
- Strong interpersonal skills: you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and able to relate to people at all levels of a business, both internally (from Director level) and externally (our independent retailers, customers and the media)
- Business acumen: you need to be able to understand the business, its priorities and measures of success to create a commercially aligned PR and trade marketing programme
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills to deliver campaign activity on time and to budget.
- Excellent organisational skills, flexible, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising workload in a reactive pressurised environment
- To be able to understand the business, its priorities and KPI’s to create a commercially aligned product launch calendar and trade marketing programme
- Strong presentation skills
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English
- Able to write in the ‘voice’ of different individuals or different corporate/brand voices
- Copywriting skills are a must. You need to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy
- A creative thinker and problem solver with commercial acumen and a clear vision for delivering excellent communications
- Influencing: Excellent engagement and influencing skills at all levels, able to challenge constructively to safeguard outcomes
- Ability to demonstrate cross-functional collaboration with other department functions and agency management
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels. Able to challenge constructively to safeguard outcomes
- Resilience: You need to be confident enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection
Based at our Dawson Lane site in Bradford, close to key motorway links you’ll be able to take advantage of:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Health cashback scheme
- Pension benefit
- Flexible working opportunities including hybrid working
- Free onsite parking for when you are in the office
- A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work/life balance
Location: BD4 6HN
Division: Creative, Product & Marketing
Contract Type: Permanent – Salaried
You may have experience of the following: Trade Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Retail Category Manager, Retail Marketing Manager, Channel Marketing Manager, Merchandising Manager, Retail Merchandising, Channel Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Head of Marketing, etc.
Ref: 134 877