Exeter, London & Remote/Hybrid
Reporting directly to our Head of PR, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Crowdcube team as a Copywriter. You will write a wide range of editorial content, including web, blog and emails, supporting a growing business on the cutting edge of finance and technology. This is a new role so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the process and management of how content is created at Crowdcube.
As a Copywriter, your approach will drive customer conversion and engagement and will help build and protect brand equity. You will be focused on attention to detail whilst having a creative and results-focused approach to copywriting that will enable you to play a significant role, not only in marketing but across all Crowdcube’s departments. A flair for producing compelling short-form and long-form copy that stands out from the crowd is a must. Strong team-player credentials, with substantial experience of digital content creation, editorial, and brand marketing is important.
What you will be doing as a Copywriter:
- Manage and execute editorial content creation including blog posts and web pages.
- Support our Head of PR with drafting press materials and compelling thought leadership copy.
- Manage and deliver all investor communications in partnership with the CRM team to support the commercial objectives of the business.
- Produce B2B content to support our sales team and enhance the customer experience.
- Be the tone of voice champion of the business – ensure all copy is on-brand and effectively communicates Crowdcube’s brand personality.
- Help build and protect brand equity, supporting successful translation and application of the brand.
To be considered as a Copywriter, you will need:
- Experience in digital content, editorial and/or content marketing.
- Commercial experience in digital content.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear way.
- An understanding of usability and how to balance brand messages with a great user experience.
- Understanding of investment and financial services.
- An enthusiastic, agile and organised team player who will roll up their sleeves and get things done for the good of the brand, a central cog in the marketing department.
- A creative mindset – we are looking for someone who will constantly spark creative ideas across channels and enthuse others with their fresh thinking.
- A diligent, detail-orientated completer who will deliver high quality work consistently to frequent tight deadlines and to budget.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35,000-£45,000 DOE and location
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Plumm, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.