2 month contract starting ASAP
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Based in Epsom
- Monday - Friday - 9am - 5pm
- 23 days’ holidays + 2 days at Christmas if the office is closed + 8 bank holiday
- Discretionary bonus up to 5% after a years’ service
- Pension 5% after 3 months completed service
- Death in service insurance after 3 months completed service
- Long term illness insurance after 3 months completed service
- Optional Medical Insurance (Benefit in kind)
The Head of Events (together with our part-time existing Conference Manager) will ensure the cost-effective delivery of all aspects of each conference, including venue sourcing, event and delegate management, hospitality and evaluation. The role requires international travel.
- Researching, recommending, negotiating contracts, booking and managing relationships with suitable venues for each conference.
- Working with colleagues and suppliers to design, procure and deliver all elements of any conference to maximize delegate benefit and satisfaction in line with the business objectives.
- Identifying the requirements for technical equipment, collateral and supplies for each conference, sourcing suppliers in host country as appropriate.
- Prepare budgets on excel and ensure adherence.
- Advising managers and 'host’ firm on requirements for events and activities outside the main conference business programme.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Demonstrable experience in organising international events/conferences - from conception, through delivery, to evaluation.
- Highly organised and articulate with a diplomatic and friendly nature, able to deal with a wide variety of international senior professionals and stakeholders, while planning at a distance for overseas events.
Apply now for more information;