NEW JUST IN - We are recruiting for a FREIGHT OPERATIONS MANAGER!!
My clients a well established specialist freight forwarding within live events & projects, they are currently a highly experienced FREIGHT OPERATIONS MANAGER to join there dynamic team to drive the team and assist with the day to day running of the operation.
- Overseeing the smooth running of the operation
- Conduct daily ops meetings to discuss any concerns
- Will be training staff and implementing new procedures and review
- Assist the finance team with billing queries.
- Identify any operational training needs and have regular dialogue with HR to implement training, mentioning and qualification
- To take a hands-on approach to support the full team and back up any short falls.
- Dealing with both imports and export
- Actively manage the monthly billing by the ops team
- Manage operations & warehouse overtime requests
- Pricing & global RFQ'
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets to support operational growth.
- Perform regular reviews with operations team and maintain communications between UK & US offices
- Monitoring market trends within the industry
- Carry out carrier meetings and monitor supplier performance
- 6+ years experience in managerial role
- Good knowledge of all modes of transport
- Ability to develop and implement improved ways of working
- Outstanding knowledge of UK customs procedures and regulations
- 5 year checkable history / clean DSB
- Full UK driving licence
- Project freight experience
- Experience within departmental strategy and performance
- Monday- Friday 0900-1730