JOB TITLE: Arts & Events Manager
LOCATION: Hybrid working, Wandsworth
PAY RATE: £25-£30 per hour
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION/Hours: 3-month initial contract/ 36 hours a week
To support the Nine Elms Strategic Lead for Culture with the commissioning and co-ordination of an innovative programme of arts and cultural activity that focuses on local engagement as part of the delivery of the Cultural Strategy in the north of the borough, principally Nine Elms and Battersea.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Instigate and produce an innovative and high-quality programme of arts and culture activities, both engaging local communities and building profile in the north of the borough, principally Nine Elms and Battersea.
- Engage key internal and external partners and local communities through formal and informal networking, to support the creation of a sustainable cultural eco-system.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in key areas of participatory arts practice, regeneration, the performing arts sector, design and creative industries in order to inform programme development.
- Work with colleagues and partners to support and co-ordinate the development and delivery of effective external communications and marketing campaigns and community engagement that promote the arts and culture programme and achieve the objectives of the Cultural Strategy
- Monitor key impact metrics associated with the programme of activities and report these to senior management and stakeholders.
- Support the Strategic Lead for Culture to build capacity among local partners for the cultural offer to become self-sustaining, particularly with the growing number of resident cultural anchor tenants.
- Co-ordinate all administration relating to the arts and events programme, including procurement, contracting and budget monitoring.
- Support the Strategic Lead for Culture in identifying opportunities to further enhance the cultural offer of the area.
- Support the Strategic Lead for Culture in delivering all other aspects of the Cultural Strategy as it develops and as required.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Up to date knowledge of current arts and culture practices in London
- Understanding of the complexities that can be involved in the delivery of a cultural strategy in an area undergoing transformation.
- Experience of working on a variety of arts and / or cultural projects, and co-ordinating a range of activities to deadlines and under pressure, balancing artistic, commercial, or political imperatives.
- Experience of producing, programming, curating and/or commissioning.
- Experience working in the outdoors is desirable, as well as experience working with schools.
- Experience of administration processes that support the delivery of arts and cultural events, including contracting, risk assessments, event management plans and budgets.
- Experience participating in evaluation processes where outcomes and outputs are defined and measured.
- Good partnership and collaboration skills; the ability to work independently and as a team player; a flexible attitude and the ability to adapt and thrive in a creative environment where the workload is busy and varied.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Power Point, Excel) and the ability to analyse and present accurate data in a variety of business formats, including financial information.
- Arts degree or the equivalent experience of working within the arts and cultural sector.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy