Events and Operations Manager
Salary £32,000 - £37,000 per annumplus benefits
Permanent, Full Time
Location: Rhodes House in central Oxford
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Events and Operations Manager to join the Rhodes Trust, it is an exciting time to join us as we launch our new convening centre.
About the Rhodes Trust
The Rhodes Trust is an educational charity which offers Rhodes Scholarships to exceptional students from around the world to come and study at the University of Oxford. Our mission is to build a better world through global fellowship programmes that develop and connect compassionate, innovative, and public-spirited people committed to solving humanity’s challenges.
The Events and Operations Manager is responsible for delivering operational and logistical excellence in the delivery of internal Rhodes Trust Programmes and external commercial Rhodes House Ltd events.
The successful candidate will encourage cooperation across departments at Rhodes House who will work collaboratively to ensure the successful delivery of events. The post holder will also support the development and acquisition of clients for the Rhodes House Ltd events, ensuring achievement of revenue targets to contribute to the Rhodes Trust.
The Events and Operations Manager will operate predominantly on-site at Rhodes House.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in event planning and delivery.
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to build strong working relationship with immediate colleagues
- Proactively focused and organised with good attention to minute details
- Ability to prioritise, work and meet deadlines on short notice
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent software skills, including proven experience with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and database entry
- Experience in manging accommodation and ensuring a seamless experience for transient guest and group bookings.
- A deep commitment to the values, ethos and mission of the Rhodes Trust.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience using event temple (event management software) and mews (accommodation management software)
Benefits of working here
- 30 days annual leave (pro rata) plus 8 bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous family leave schemes
- Private health insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal development opportunities
- Additional benefits, such as free access to the University's gardens, parks, libraries and museums, and University staff discounts in shops across Oxford.
If you would like to find out more, please click 'apply’ to view the full job description and to find the link to apply. Please send us your CV and a covering letter. Please note, this advert will close on 12 September 2023 at 17:00 BST.
The Rhodes Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We warmly welcome applications from talented people of diverse backgrounds and appoint without regard to age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, parental status, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief.