Our client is looking for an Events Manager to join their team in Central London W1B.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Sales person, we are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, customer-centric individual to join a high performing team in a busy and dynamic work environment. Our client has several flexible event and meeting spaces that can support an array of clients from charities, local authorities, corporate companies through to live bands, weddings and social events.
Key responsibilities of the Events Manager:
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets
- Use account management skills to gain trust and build long-term relationships with customers
- Carry out telephone negotiations and conduct site visits
- Plan and organise all practical aspects of the event, in accordance with the clients' requirements identifying opportunities to up sell
- Assist with preparation of monthly sales reports and forecast revenue projections
- Attend networking events, trade exhibitions and familiarisation trips where appropriate for face-to-face selling and relationship building
- Ensure prompt and accurate posting of all moneys received
- Act as administrator and staff champion for the conference booking system (Rendezvous), and troubleshoot any issues
- Support the induction, training and supervision of new team members to the department.
Who are we looking for:
The position requires a dynamic and flexible candidate with an open approach to problem solving. Assisting clients, liaising with colleagues and suppliers to ensure clients' needs are met fully will be a key part of this role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a conference and events bookings office
- Negotiation skills to offer best value and improve profit
- Experience with audio visual equipment, bar and food service is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT, social media and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of Rendezvous booking software desirable.
- A friendly and professional nature is required along with a strong sense of attention to detail
- Able to remain calm and confident under pressure
- Self-motivated to work on their own unsupervised
- Keen to learn new skills and take on different projects and tasks.
Hours of work: The basic working week will be 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday. Days and hours may vary depending on requirements and event work. A flexible attitude to working hours and days of work is essential.
Salary & benefits:
- The annual salary is £29,000, depending on experience.
- Holiday entitlement is 20 working days per annum, rising at the rate of 1 extra day for each year worked, up to a maximum of 25 days.
- A £2.75 meal allowance per day is given for use in the company's catering facilities.
- Contributory defined benefits pension scheme.
- After the probationary period an interest free annual travel loan and a Cycle2Work loan is available.
- Company sponsored healthcare cash plan, with the opportunity to increase personal cover or include family members.
- Sage benefit scheme.
- Our client provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all our employees.
If you feel you are the right person for this position then apply here with your most up to date CV or for more details please contact Jeanette on