We are very excited to announce the opening of a Meetings and Events Management Placement to join our European Meetings and Events department based at our European Headquarters in Egham, Surrey.
Add an annual turnover of $30 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of more than 2.1 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a Times Top 100 Graduate Employer and a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise’s internships allow you to get ahead in the job market - but don’t just take our word for it; our interns have been voted Best Intern of the Year at the National Undergraduate Employability Awards for two consecutive years. It’s learning by doing, not by getting coffee all day. From winning regular diversity awards to being a Top 50 Place for Women to Work for 16 years, it’s no surprise that we were also voted the Graduate Employer of the Year.
The Meetings and Events department assists all other European departments with their internal meetings and external customer events to create a professional and seamless experience for the attendee. This includes maintaining a strategic calendar of annual meetings and events, meeting and event planning to a very detailed level and execution of the meeting or event.
- Assist with the European team calendar of events
- Assist with scheduling and running multiple internal and external events
- Identify and implement best practices for effective event planning
- Measure the effectiveness of event planning activities against stated objectives
- Assist with sourcing event planning assets to achieve cost savings and maximum efficiency
- Assist with tradeshow and event activities including procurement of space, on-site set-up/tear-down and other show service
- On-site management of select high level events
- Oversee coordination and recommendations for event assets, including conference rooms, hotels, trade show booths, signage, activities and giveaways
- Execute multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Travel may be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Self-driven and motivated
- The ability to work independently and achieve results
- Able to multitask and manage time effectively
- Have a keen interest in events and hospitality
Please do let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- Duration: The internship will run from Summer 2024 for 12 months
We accept applications for our Placement Programme from undergraduate university students that are due to take undertake a placement year starting summer 2024, regardless of university attended and subjects being studied. Our interviews based on how you perform against the competencies that are required for your role.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. But it’s not all about us; we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 15 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies in you that we look for in our placement students.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally, you will be invited to attend an interview.