Our client who are based on the outskirts of Thatcham, are currently recruiting for an AV and Events Technician to join their AV & Production team. You will support the AV and Production Manager to deliver the technical requirements for Events and Productions, the associated AV infrastructure in venues, working collaboratively with all members of the Digital Delivery and Innovation department.
- Location: Thatcham, office based
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, term time only + 4 weeks
- Salary: £19,375 (£23,100 full time equivalent)
- Benefits: Pension, generous holiday allowance, free parking, and free meals
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To collaborate with and work as a member of AV technical team, who support and deliver the Events, Productions, and support the AV Infrastructure.
- Working with the AV and Production Manager to investigate relevant new and emerging technologies that have the potential to improve effectiveness and/or functionality.
- Support the AV and Production Manager liaising with and managing external contractors, to deliver system maintenance, periodic health and safety checks to equipment/rigging, design system upgrades and improvements.
- Support and participate in the production process for events with tasks such as design, preparation of equipment and delivery of events.
The successful AV and Events Technician will have the following related skills/experience:
- Experience of supporting live events with a passion for providing technical solutions.
- Have a knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365 software and CAD/Visualisation tools such as Vectorworks and Capture.
- Have a knowledge of production and technical techniques including staging, set construction, rigging, design and installation of temporary structures, lighting, sound and video equipment.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, including evening and weekend work.
- A flexible and reliable approach to work with an adaptable, and forward-thinking attitude
- The successful candidate will have a passion for providing technical solutions and be able to demonstrate a professional approach and have plenty of energy.
- Full driving licence would be advantegous
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic technician with experience of supporting live events and knowledge of production and technical techniques such as staging, sound, lighting, and video.