A skilled and ambitious Events Co-ordinator is needed to join the team at this leading professional Association for financial managers in the NHS based in Bristol on a full-time hybrid working basis.
They are looking for an events coordinator to join their team to play an integral part in the development and delivery of the branch programme to meet the needs of healthcare finance and non-finance staff.
Formed in 1950, they offer a range of services, including e-learning, conferences and publications delivered via their national and local networks.
Their staff are the most valuable resource they have, and they are committed to creating a happy and healthy workforce who feel engaged, energised and fulfilled at work.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your events/administrator career within a growing membership organisation supporting NHS finance, procurement, and digital health professionals.
About the Company
They are the professional body for the healthcare finance profession where members get practical resources, insightful thought leadership, support with personal growth and CPD and access to an influential network.
They believe there is no such thing as a typical member of staff and that diversity is a source of strength that underpins the exchange of ideas, innovation, and debate.
Supporting their people to achieve a healthy work/life balance is important both to their employees and to the success of the organisation, and, depending on the role, they offer a variety of flexible working arrangements.
About the Role
You will be responsible for supporting the team in the management and delivery of a range of physical, virtual and hybrid events throughout the year. As part of a friendly and hard-working team, you will embrace original thinking and thrive in an exciting environment where no two days are the same.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days a week in their Bristol office and 3 days a week home working (with some flexibility to attend events when required). There will be some travel involved to attend events in the UK.
- Provide secretarial support to the Branch Chair and Committee as required
- Schedule and organise Branch Committee meetings
- Organise the compilation and circulation of Branch Committee meeting agendas, reports and minutes
- Liaise with the company on all relevant Branch matters, including membership issues
- Develop with the Branch Committee the programme of conferences/events, then organise the running of the events
- Prepare flyers/booking forms and publicise conferences/events
- Work with the Branch Committee and Business Development to arrange sponsorship for the Annual Conference, including contacting potential sponsors, preparing application forms, being the main point of contact for sponsors and preparing sponsor packs
- Organise and facilitate the conferences/events and AGM
- Ensure all fees payable for conferences/events are collected and invoices raised correctly, where appropriate
- Liaise with speakers and facilitators, co-ordinate speaker requirements and presentation deadlines
- Oversee all arrangements at conferences/events to ensure smooth running on the day
- Supervise conference/event running order and ensure a good quality service is received
- Summarise post-event evaluation and organise thank you letters to speakers, distribution of presentations to delegates
- Develop and maintain a database of speakers/venues for local events
- Prepare and monitor budgets for conferences/events
- Passionate about what you do and take pride in delivering the very best work
- Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Remain calm under pressure, manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to tight deadlines
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport
- with a range of people
- Great writing and administrative skills, with competency in using Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Has experience working effectively with minimal supervision
- 27 days holiday, increasing to 30 after 5 years' service (+ Bank holidays)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Hybrid working
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- Medical cash plan - including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle to work scheme
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles, including; Branch Activities Organiser, Local Events Planner, Branch Events Manager, Office Events Coordinator, Local Branch Events Specialist, Events and Activities Planner, Branch Events and Programs Coordinator, and Regional Events Coordinator may also be considered for this role.