Agile Working but with travel across East Midlands when required
- Would you consider yourself to be a tenacious event professional who spots opportunity?
- Have you previously worked on multiple events at any one time?
- Do you want to be an integral part of driving the success of events within a reputable firm?
ER Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of one of our partnered organisations who are seeking an Events Specialist to join their flourishing team. If you can work under pressure within busy environments, build relationships, can work to budgets, and take pride in the delivery of successful events, this role could be for you!
Role & Responsibilities of the Event Specialist:
- Research and develop new and innovative activity/event topics which will enhance the event and network offering to grow member engagement.
- Research and negotiate with new and exciting venues which will be attractive to attendees of particular networks.
- Explore options across the region for collaborations which will enhance membership activity (i.e training, coaching, courses, funding streams).
- Taking a lead on networking groups activity where appropriate which will include the running of monthly events and ensuring we see clear growth in the number of members and non-members engaging with the network.
- Support the Head of Commercial Events in the planning aspects and delivery of the Major Commercial Events Programme, ensuring profit targets are met and include taking a lead in activity or projects where necessary.
- Day to day contact with clients and other teams within the organisation, utilising the businesses CRM system, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint for collaborative working.
- Liaise with external contractors to ensure cost effective rates and quality of service
- Work with planning documents and guidelines to ensure brand quality throughout planning and delivery event aspects.
- Support the reviewing and evaluation of the major events programme, making recommendations for continuous improvement and further development.
- Provide high quality, attention to detail orientated administrative support to the department as needed.
- Use excellent time management skills to plan, execute and evaluate events.
- Other activities as required in alignment with the role duties.
About You as the Event Specialist:
- Driving licence to commute across the East Midlands Regions
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of event delivery from conception through to post-event
- Experience of working with and managing event suppliers
- Experience of working with a diverse range of businesses
- Experience of working with sponsors/ event partners
- Experience managing budgets and working to deadlines
- Strong drive for results/ high standards and a high level of resilience
- Highly motivated - can work as part of a team and independently
- Must be prepared to work flexibly in terms of working hours
Benefitting You as the Event Specialist:
- Agile working from an office in East Midlands either Leicester, Nottingham, Derby or Chesterfield
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off each year
- 8% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance (death in service support scheme) for your beneficiaries
- 2 CSR days to take per year (volunteering activity)
- Access to tax-free childcare and Bike2Work schemes
- Wellbeing support including access to Westfield Health plan, Mental Health First Aiders, self-help toolkits, discounts and more
- Tax free 45p per business mile for cars (up to 10,000 miles per year)
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.
While we aim to get back to all applicants however if you do not receive a response within seven working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are here to help with your career so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of anyone else who is looking for their next opportunity, please feel free to refer them to us or pass on our details.
We look forward to hearing from you.