Job Title: Events Administrator
Salary: £22,000 increasing to £23,000 after a successful probation
Location: Birmingham - B33
Hours: 08.30 - 17.00 Monday - Friday
We are recruiting for a highly organised, efficient Administrator to join our client, who are a Charity based in Birmingham. With a love for events, this is a busy role, within a small team where you can really help make a difference.
Pc literate, confident, with the ability to use your own initiative. You will be working alongside the Founder and Operations Manager to create new event ideas to support the fundraising for the charity. This role would suit someone with a previous background within events/project work.
- 80% of the role is organising meetings and events.
- Diary management
- Sourcing relevant suppliers and obtaining quotes.
- Researching venues
- Follow up calls chasing suppliers for quotes or required information.
- Reaching out to organisations to ask for raffle prizes.
- Inbox management
- Co-ordinating the event in the run up and on the day
- Liaising with sponsors
- Assisting with marketing and advertising across various social media channels
- Some accounts duties to cover annual leave as and when required.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience within events is desirable.
- Excellent administrative skills and experience
- Articulate with attention to detail.
- Confident communicator - confident to pick up the phone and ask suppliers for items at discount.
- Deadline driven and used to working within a fast-paced busy role.
- Bundles of enthusiasm
- Ability to work both independently but also be part of the team.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please call Lindsey Atkins or get in touch.
Morgan Parkes Recruitment Ltd operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK. We operate a strict equal opportunities policy.
Personal data you supply will be used for contacting you via telephone or email about our service. Your data will be kept securely and retained in line with GDPR regulations. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for the specified purpose at any time.