Senior UX Designer, London, Hybrid working. £65K DOE plus benefits
This in-house UX team is working on future innovation and setting the strategic direction for key areas of UX. The team carries a lot of influence on the creative direction of the company, so they are looking for a Senior UX Designer who’s open-minded and interested in being at the forefront of UX innovation – and above all, a creative.
This is an excellent opportunity for a designer to explore the unknown or new topic areas that can offer this company fresh opportunities. They explore from the user to emerging trends to developing UX concepts for sophisticated line-up and roadmap strategies. They also work across different business areas including; Mobile, visual display, domestic appliance and new business areas.
This team are constantly evolving in process and output so the team and role is most suited to a designer who loves challenge and progression, they are always looking at how members evolve and progress in their career journey.
They are very collaborative and assigned project members work from start to end of a project and so get the breadth and depth of work. You’ll have control and diversity in your work, with time to learn, play and push to work beyond guidelines.
- Build new UX concepts through trend research, insights, user scenarios
- Own the creation of new and innovative UX concepts solutions as a hands-on designer for existing products and sophisticated product concepts.
- Produce compelling presentations/documentation of concepts that gives evidence for the direction as well as presents design work
- Work with the multidisciplinary UX team to create innovative solutions that consider; what the experience is, key interaction and user engagement.
- Hand-on design from architecture to wireframes, for proof of concept
- Establish strategic direction of key concept.
- Demonstrate new UX concepts through prototypes or scenarios.
- Research, analyse and report on UX trends
- Lead projects within the UX team, which includes management of process and output
- Implement projects to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining quality standards.
- Resolve project-related issues in a professional, timely and logical manner.
- Lead external agencies as required based on project needs
- Must demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to design.
- BA or MA in Interaction Design, Information Design, Multimedia design, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Systems or related degree.
- Around 4 years hands-on experiences in User Interface design
- Proficiency in relevant design software and techniques (Photoshop, Illustrator, In design, sketch)
- Must demonstrate understanding of how interaction design, graphics and technology work together to produce a coordinated user experience.
- Good at planning and managing projects including the whole design and research projects process.
- Ability to work and connect with outside partners.
- Ability to work within a mixed subject area design team to build comprehensive output