Salary: Competitive, Depending on Experience
Closing date: 27th June 2022
Interviews: 5th July 2022 in Peterborough
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join our team and lead the marketing of our academies, support with the marketing of internal projects and ensure schools are actively recruiting trainee teachers to United Teaching, our Initial Teacher Training Programme. We will consider full time or part time requests for this role and offer lots of flexibility and hybrid working. You will however be required to travel to our Peterborough office once per week.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will support schools with developing the marketing plan to recruit pupils, staff and trainee teachers. This is a really varied role with an opportunity to work with Senior Leaders such as Head Teachers and Regional Directors to set marketing strategies and support with the implementation of marketing plans.
You will be expected to spend time visiting schools to support their marketing strategy to increase pupil and staff recruitment, support retention and build their reputation in the local area. Using data and insight you will have a clear understanding of the target audience; their communication needs and will work with the Head teachers to ensure they are using appropriate channels to best promote their school. You will also support their recruitment activity; ensuring that they are actively recruiting for trainee teachers and those seeking their next role.
As a growing group of schools, this role will also take responsibility for new schools joining the group. This includes potential re-branding, ensuring United Learning brand guidelines are met, designing templates and setting up new websites with our web development team.
This role may also provide marketing support for the Group which includes maintenance and updates of the Group websites, particularly to support our Recruitment and Retention strategy. We believe in continuous improvement and offer many CPD opportunities to both staff in schools and in central office. You will also support with the internal marketing and promotions of these development routes.
Some of the key areas you will be working on include:
- The development and implementation of local marketing plans.
- Development of a marketing plan to build awareness and understanding of our CPD programmes.
- Supporting with the maintenance of all United Learning websites.
United Learning values diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating and sustaining a more ethnically diverse workforce. In this regard we would not only welcome applications from professionals of minority ethnic origin, but also from majority ethnic professionals who share our values.
You will have a strong track record of success in the implementation of marketing plans for a range of products and/or services. You will have an affinity with our brand and with our mission and will have excellent organisational and project management skills.
As a valued member of our busy Marketing and Communications team, you will need to have excellent organisational skills. You will have experience in managing a small team as well as managing and developing relationships with external partners and providers.
- Experience working in a marketing role, ideally in a school setting but not essential. Multi-site/regional marketing experience would also be an advantage.
- People management skills and experience essential.
- Ability to think strategically and experience of devising a marketing strategy and implementation of the marketing plan with clear evidence of success essential.
- Experience in planning and implementing SEO and social media strategies essential.
- Sound knowledge and experience of maintaining websites and CMS knowledge essential, web development skills desirable but not essential.
- Technical auditing of websites preferable but not essential.
- Planning and executing successful Ad Word and PPC campaigns essential.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms essential.
- InDesign and Photoshop skills beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Photography, video and editing experience welcome but not essential.
We can offer:
- 26 days holiday.
- Competitive salary.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Over 250 employee exclusive benefits through our partners, Perkbox including access to childcare vouchers, discounted gym memberships, car leasing and Cyce2work schemes.
- Access to coaching and mentoring.
- A supportive team across the country.
United Learning is a large and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better with good career opportunities, benefits and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We are working hard to become a more diverse organisation – which is key to our commitment to bringing out the best in everyone. We welcome applications from everyone committed to this ethos and would particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented in the Group as a whole. We always appoint on merit. We are open to discussing flexible working options.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact: