UK Marketing Manager
- Salary: £40,000-£53,500
- Location: Cambridge, Gateshead
- Country: UK
- Business Unit: CEM
- Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 22 May 2022
Salary: £40,000 - £53,500 depending on skills and experience
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation, and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We have and exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate and highly motivated marketer to join our Cambridge Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM) team to lead our UK Marketing at an exciting period of time as we approach ground breaking new product launches.
What you will do
In this varied role you will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and programmes that are uniquely differentiated and commercially viable to increase brand awareness, sales revenue and market share in line with business objectives.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing strategies with solid supporting plans and performance measures
• Developing powerful product messaging and marketing collateral and using that to engage with customers across a range of channels including digital and events
• Develop a rich understanding of our UK customer base, our products and the context within which we operate
• Improve marketing effectiveness and support product development
• Reporting on KPIs regularly, making recommendations for future improvements where appropriate
The ideal candidate will be strategically strong and adept in distilling a wealth of information down to single-minded and compelling propositions that align with business need.
You will also be:
- Comfortable identifying and furthering new business opportunities
• Creative in building a dialogue with stakeholders that both supports and motivates them further, especially through digital channels
• Comfortable with a hands-on approach to marketing, looking beyond discrete product campaigns to deliver a more holistic customer experience
• Effective in your stakeholder management, artfully navigating different organisational needs and senior leadership agendas to arrive at the best solution for our customers
• Passionate about people, developing your line reports to thrive in their roles and supporting the wider marketing team with your experience
• Highly organised, detail-orientated and responsible in your project and budget management
Please note that in these current times our people are working in a hybrid way with a mixture of home working and from our vibrant new office at Gateshead Quay opposite the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art. This role can be undertaken on a hybrid working basis with regular travel to the Gateshead office with the agreement of the Line Manager.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, with a closing date for all application being Sunday 22 May 2022 and interviews taking place during and after this time.
Our mission is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Which is why every year, we give vital support to millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. From teachers and learners to researchers and academics, we help to build confidence, unlock potential, and enable success. We give people the opportunity to show what they've learnt, we spread knowledge, spark enquiry, and aid understanding.
We achieve this by embracing change, and continuously focusing on our customers' needs. And by collaborating, and carefully listening to our customers and to each other, we keep moving forward, keep innovating, and keep finding newer and better ways of doing things.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class rewards package that will help you to live well at work, and outside of it. You'll find a wide range of benefits and policies, from family-friendly incentives, to a generous pension, to discounts on everyday shopping. Our benefits promote financial security, personal wellbeing and a reduced environmental impact. See a full list of benefits on our careers site.
The key to our work is our colleagues, whose shared commitment enables us to have an ever-greater impact. We are a united, vibrant, and respectful global community of people, and we ensure that every individual is recognised, listened to, and cared for. And because our impact is amplified when our people are empowered, we give everyone the opportunity to develop in their own way. Whether you want a career that's linear, or want to follow your own path, we'll support you, and help give you the resources and training you'll need to be bold and take ownership of what you do.
To apply please go to our website - https://careers.cambridge.org/jobs/vacancy/uk-marketing-manager-gateshead/1873/description/
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where it's safe to speak up, and where we learn continuously to improve together. We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of demographic characteristics (age, disability, educational attainment, ethnicity, gender, marital status, neurodiversity, religion, sex, and sexual identity), cultural, or social class/background.
We believe that diversity of thought, background, and approach create better outcomes. More importantly, fostering an inclusive culture is the right thing to do, and it's part of how we achieve our purpose: to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Ensuring that anyone, no matter who they are, feels they belong here is an essential part of who we are and the contribution we make to society, and to our planet.
To enable an environment which our people can thrive in, our customers benefit from, and where work complements life, we empower everyone to manage their time and capacity, and to prioritise their wellbeing. That's why from day one everyone at Cambridge University Press & Assessment can discuss flexible working options to find the best solution for them and their role.