The Company – Deputy Head of Communication
We are delighted to be partnering with a world-renowned Higher education provide on a fantastic opportunity for an established Brand and Content Manager to join their London-based team. Established over 50 years ago, and home to a diverse community of nearly 30,000 students they are dedicated to providing educational excellence, inspirational learning and high-quality teaching.
With a close-knit team of over thirty passionate Marketing and communications professionals, they offer a genuinely welcoming and nurturing work environment and flexible, hybrid working.
The Role – Deputy Head of Communications
Working closely with the Head of Communications, this newly created role will see lead a team of 3 direct reports to implement the universities communications strategy, leading on the development of detailed Communications plans and ensuring effective and engaging campaigns and key messages are delivered to key stakeholders including ead
You will oversee all strategic communications and utilise your external and internal comms expertise to offer advice and oversight of all communications activity.
You will develop a new internal communications strategy and play a key role in the selection and roll-out of the new intranet system, increasing the engagement of staff and students
- Deliver strategic communications advice and operational oversight of all communications activity undertaken by the University
- Provide leadership to the Communications function and support and deputise the Head of Communications
- Develop and optimise the communications activities, ensuring engagement from both staff and employees is optimised.
- To play a key role in the university’s crisis communications activities, pre-empting and responding to reputational risks
- Day-to-day management of the PR, social media and Internal Communications teams
- Develop the university’s local, regional and national profile through its PR and external communications activity, developing partnerships with organisations of influence
This role will be office based 2 days per week in their London HQ. Due to the location of the office it is commutable from Central London, Greater London, Chelmsford, Colchester, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St. Albans, Hatfield, Maidstone, Crawley,Cheshunt, Hertford and Welwyn Garden City.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern region.