This job is archived
Email Channel Manager
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £34,643 - £38,632 per annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Reporting into the Head of Digital Products, this role is responsible for setting the strategic direction of our externally focused Email marketing activity. Focusing on increasing reach and relevancy and in growing the number of supporters taking action via email communications.
Email is a critical communication tool for the charity as it delivers a large majority of their digital traffic, it is used to help engage supporters, increase their awareness and understanding of key challenges facing the natural world and helps drive these supporters align to their causes and to take action for nature.
As a Product Owner within the organisation, you will be responsible for helping develop an ambitious, focused, and measurable product strategy based on sound business and performance data, you will be responsible for the vision of your product and responsible for defining and prioritising a backlog of requirements that deliver valuable, iterative change to your product portfolio.
You will matrix manage and lead a team of cross-functional colleagues to ensure this work is delivered using various methods, including the project management framework alongside the principles of agile and scrum project delivery methodologies. Whilst developing the brand and supporting the priority objectives of the organisation, departments and programmes your channel represents.
This is a digital position and as such can predominantly be conducted remotely, however the successful candidate will be required to attend the charity’s headquarters in Sandy, Bedfordshire on a monthly basis for team meetings.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of systems and software that supports the management of Email, including but not exclusively, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and litmus (Content & Analysis) and Return Path (IP Certification platform)
- Be skilled in project and programme delivery through various agile methodologies to take project ownership and lead projects to deliver continuous and valuable improvement through the product portfolio
- Competency-based knowledge, understanding email maturity & content optimisation based around behaviours, practices, and processes to drive market uptake
- Accountable for utilising insight from a range of sources (Google Analytics and other tools) to develop, implement and improve capability and user journeys that help achieve outcomes and objectives
- An ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation to help secure buy-in and support for your product vision and priorities
- Be skilled in initiating and presenting a robust testing plan for continued optimisation of key customer journeys to help improve performance and the email product
- Strong working knowledge of audience segmentation to ensure maximised engagement and conversion through email communications
- A good working knowledge of GDPR and PECR principles to provide governance and standards and minimise legal and reputational risk to the organisation
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage and prioritise multiple objectives, workstreams and communication priorities.
- Strong knowledge of the email industry, latest trends, regularly following within best practice and implementing the latest knowledge and insight to drive email growth.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role.
Closing Date: 23:59, 9th January 2022
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Please note that they are actively recruiting for this position and reserve the right to close the vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.