For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
As a Digital Modeller you will work, with the minimum of supervision to either, be an expert 3D digital class A exterior and interior modeller specialising in highlighting for 3D evaluation/RPT/milling and production applications, or be an Alias modeller and an expert in the use of Grasshopper or Dynamo. Willing to transfer those skills to help others develop the design studio’s capability in this area.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Studio Design Team to enable the delivery of both digital and physical design properties.
- Work directly with designers, clay modelling and studio engineering teams to develop 3D Digital model data.
- Develop advanced algorithms to support the surfacing team with CAD models and templates for most commonly used scenarios
- Prepare renderings, technical drawings & CAD models of design proposals in support of the Design Release Process.
- Generate High Integrity data as/where necessary - to defined AML 'A' class standard – i.e. suitable for transfer into other PLM systems (principally TCe/NX).
- Generate data models suitable for milling/RPT applications (e.g. closed volume STL files).
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the component engineers understand proposed design changes.
- Supporting the Designers with the generation of 3D models from 2D proposals/verbal directions.
- Provide technical information and support to senior management for design reviews.
- Carry out special projects, as directed by management.
- Plan and prioritise own workload.
- Proactive approach to work and group interaction.
- A knowledge or practical use of Generative design would be advantageous
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent engineering related discipline, with 5 years minimum relevant automotive& experience.
- Autodesk Alias Surface proficiency with OEM studio experience, ideally for around 5 year period, and Grasshopper or Dynamo experience.
- 2D Presentation/Animation ability in addition to Class A surfacing expertise.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing tooling requirements.
- Working knowledge of PhotoShop / photo editing software.
- RPT/Milling plus Clay Model support understanding.
- Proficient with V-Red Design.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.