Digital Data Archivist
Initial 6-month contract
Part-time - 22.5 hours per week - (Tuesday-Thursday)
Filton - Fully onsite
Advantage Resourcing are working in partnership with a large engineering organisation who are currently seeking a Digital Data Archivist to join their organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using specialist tools to extract data / reports, then capture metadata (properties of the files), tag and store legacy test data in new approved platform
- Creation of legacy test data index & knowledge capture cards (as required)
- Digitise the Material Database CoC's (Certificate of Conformity)
- On request perform analyses of data to better inform record creation, arrangement, and mark-up.
- Gauge data sensitivity and tag in accordance with the company's data management rules.
- Undertake training of colleagues to share the data storage solutions & how to retrieve the stored data.
- Work with colleagues to identify methods and workflows for future transfers of further 'legacy data' and capture in a "user guide" in accordance with the team's processes for knowledge management (e.g., creation of a team standard and WiKi page)
- Compile list of databases used for storing, with a view of one tool to search all db's for users to find required components.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Passionate about data and archiving in a manner to promote reuse and easy retrieval.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
- Used to working in a team but with minimal supervision and self-driven results.
- Able to communicate and interact with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-driven to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to learn new software packages as required.
If you are a Digital Data Archivist seeking a new opportunity, please apply now.