Abingdon School have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Communications and Events Officer to join their team based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: £28,362 - £32,575 per annum (full time equivalent)
Job Type: Full time
Abingdon School is a leading independent day and boarding school with around 1000 pupils aged 11-18. The School is situated in 35 acres of beautiful grounds in the centre of Abingdon, just south of Oxford.
Digital Communications and Events Officer – The Role:
The Development and Alumni Relations (OA Club) Department at Abingdon School is a busy, friendly team of five. The OA Club provides a lifelong network for our global alumni community, helping them to connect with one another, access career support and mentoring, a wide-ranging events programme and to give back to the School.
Although the role is envisaged to work full time all year round, we are happy to consider requests for flexible working. There is also the possibility of working reduced weeks on a term time plus arrangement and some work from home is also permitted.
Digital Communications and Events Officer – You:
- Enthusiastic with strong communication, digital, and social media management skills and some experience of event management
- Excellent communication and prioritisation skills with a proven track record in growing online communities, writing and designing engaging editorial and will enjoy cultivating key relationships with our alumni (Old Abingdonians) and wider school community
Digital Communications and Events Officer – Benefits:
The school offers a range of generous benefits including:
- Up to 14.1% employer pension contribution
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free use of leisure facilities with discounted exercise classes
- Free lunch during term time
- Discounted school fees (eligibility criteria apply)
- Christmas closure days
We recognise the value of a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to ensure that our staffing at all levels and in all roles is diverse and we welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
This is a wonderful opportunity to gain and develop digital marketing, editorial and events expertise in an experienced team with opportunities for personal and career growth.
Early applications are encouraged and we may appoint prior to the published interview date.
Closing date: Monday 25 September 2023 (midday)
For more details on this Digital Communications and Events Officer opportunity and to submit your application, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website.
Abingdon is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.