My public sector client is looking to recruit a Category Lead for IT and Digital on a permanent basis into their team. Working within a large and busy procurement department, the role of Category Lead will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing category strategies for the IT & Digital space, through detailed demand/market analysis and a recognised Strategic Sourcing process, to ensure continual improvement and innovation in sustainable service delivery.
- Delivering a strategic procurement service for the IT and Digital categories.
- Influencing and engaging with stakeholders and suppliers to maximise value and deliver cost savings.
- Developing a wide understanding of the IT and Digital market and leveraging key developments, supplier capability and spend profiles
- Managing and co-ordinate all procurement activities and deliverable category strategies, including where necessary undertaking a number of strategic projects, from initial scoping through to contract award.
- Carry out procurement for high value, detailed contracts and be able to develop appropriate evaluation methods and interpretation thereof.
- Carry out procurement for highly detailed high value contracts that require analysis, comparison and assessment.
- Identify and develop opportunities for strategic supplier partnerships supporting long term high quality service delivery and cost reduction initiatives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take the lead in this high profile category and deliver results for the organisation.
The role requires someone with a background in public sector procurement as well as strong experience in the IT and digital category. CIPS is also desired for the role.
Salary is £65,000 to £70,000 with some presence in the office each week required.