About the role
DS Smith Mercia is a new operation on site at our customer's premises, where we are implementing a leading packaging service at our customer's new Global Parts Distribution centre. We will have onsite production equipment, warehousing space, and an order picking cell to deliver our customers daily packaging requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to join DS Smith as we redefine packaging for a changing world.
We are looking for a passionate Design For Creative Specialist to join our new Mercia site - providing high quality, industry leading fresh thinking to customers and Design/Sales colleagues. The role will have you using cutting edge CAD, remote collaboration technology and sustainability software to develop creative packaging solutions for a wide range of products.
Working with a focussed team of Creatives you will help to manage the design contribution to customer briefs. You'll be working with a highly creative and motivated team of Designers and Sales Professionals to respond to briefs and develop creative solutions that fit our customer's requirements. You will be able to demonstrate clear understanding of our customer's needs - and bring your own insights and concepts to life using our suite of CAD and collaboration technologies.
Your work will need to demonstrate flair, fresh thinking and collaboration - ensuring we understand and balance the needs of our customers and DS Smith manufacturing methods. We consider supply cycles, manufacturing methods, materials and sustainability to offer world class design solutions, and we'll want you to get fully on board with our mission so that we can continue to innovate and provide leading solutions.
- Significant experience in a Design & Innovation role, ideally in the Packaging industry
- Excellent understanding of Manufacturing and Product Design
- A Product Design qualification is highly advantageous
- Competent user of CAD and Graphics software, as well as MS Office
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Able to collaborate effectively with internal and external teams
- Self-starter with the creative qualities needed to take on new challenges
- Salary up to £44,000, dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
Location:Mercia Park, Swadlincote. Hybrid working options are available.