The School of Arts, Media and Creative Technologies is now looking for an inspiring Animation/VFX professional, who can break down complex ideas to support our students.
This role holder will provide technical support specifically for VFX and Animation students. This will include delivering creative demonstrations of software and hardware to students along with supporting students as they work through their modules.
Your outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and exceptional organisational skills and technical knowledge will shine through as you support and engage with our students.
Self-development will be a top priority as you stay one step ahead in the Animation and VFX industry.
- Provide technical and maintenance support for specialist spaces at Mediacity.
- Demonstrate the correct methods and techniques for a range of specialist equipment relating to the subject area, to both staff and students, either on a one to one ad-hoc basis, or within scheduled groups.
- Provide specialist advice in order to develop our facilities and equipment in line with current market trends, including procurement of capital and consumable items in accordance with University purchasing policies and to monitor the use of appropriate budgets.
- Engage with the Technician Commitment to promote the visibility, recognition, career development and sustainability of technical roles throughout the education sector.
- Undertake the selection, installation and commissioning of new hardware and software.
About the School of Arts, Media and Creative Technologies
We are one of the leading centres for practice-based education in the creative disciplines within the north-west. We pride ourselves on the specialist programmes we offer which benefit from close relationships with industry. A hub of creativity and innovation, our programmes encompass music, dance, design, media, English and performing arts.
Our Arts, Media and Communications Centre delivers research into and across arts, humanities and social sciences. Our research anticipates and supports the needs of our media industry neighbours, such as ITV, BBC and Dock 10, developing high impact technologies.
Our £50million new Adelphi building is home to the next generation of forward-thinking artists, designers, performers, educators, fashion icons, pop-stars, dancers and musicians.
We are proud to be a School that nurtures creativity, values talent, and provides a collaborative space in which our colleagues, students and partners can thrive.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary - and excellent pension scheme
Generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional days.
Flexible working - we support a culture of flexible and hybrid working, subject to business requirements.
Professional development - a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential.
Our community - there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives.
Wellbeing - your wellbeing is our priority. We have a wide range of dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health.
Sustainable Salford - We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038.