Social Media Manager
The LookOut, Hyde Park, London
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Digital Team and provide expertise on all things social media.
- Salary of £29,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Offices in an amazing location
- 26 days’ holiday per annum (increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service)
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have a strong background in social media planning and marketing, this is an exciting opportunity to shape the online presence of a charity that preserves some of London’s most iconic locations.
You will play an essential role in ensuring that we are involved in the right conversations around the areas of nature, urban wildlife, heritage and wellbeing.
We have a wide range of partners and events, including The Royal Parks Half Marathon, the Serpentine Gallery and other museums, BST Hyde Park, Hyde Park winter Wonderland, other charities and numerous community groups. These offer plenty of exciting opportunities for social media collaboration.
What’s more, you will never have to look far to gain inspiration. You’ll be based at The LookOut, a unique, eco-friendly building nestled in an acre of enclosed grounds in the heart of Hyde Park.
As the Social Media Manager, you’ll oversee the day-to-day running of The Royal Parks’ social media channels and social content.
Our social media presence is a 24/7 operation and comprises 13 channels, including our corporate Facebook page, individual park Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
You’ll provide guidance to the charity on messaging, social media marketing, campaigning, content creation and sharing, community management and issues management.
Additionally, you will:
- Influence how our charity is publicly perceived
- Support the growth of our online content and campaigning activities
- Curate and shape conversations with our online communities
- Maintain our content calendar
- Develop retention and engagement strategies
- Work closely with the Press Team to report and monitor any crises or potential issues
- Take part in the on-call duty rota and support evening and weekend on-call responsibilities
To join us as our Social Media Manager, you will need:
- Extensive social media planning and marketing experience, including as part of a multi-channel campaign
- Demonstrable success in managing a social media strategy and dealing with a wide range of social influence disciplines, including community management, content strategy and developing or commissioning social assets
- Experience of creating and curating rich media content for different social media platforms using Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Previous experience with social media scheduling tools
- The ability to manage agencies and support staff on the social media rota as required
A degree (or equivalent) in a marketing or communications discipline would be beneficial, as would experience of working or volunteering in charities and/or social enterprises from the heritage, wildlife, conservation, education and/or wellbeing sectors.
It would also be advantageous if you had an understanding of the news agenda and how to work alongside a media and PR team with a coordinated response, or experience of dealing with journalists online.
Other organisations may call this role Digital Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, Social Media Marketing Manager, or Social Media Content Manager.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 30th January 2022.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Social Media Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 36 hours per week (plus participation in an on-call duty rota)