This job is archived
Head of Public Relations
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £58,181.00 - £64,545.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
Duration: 12 months
Trust in charities is under pressure, competition for hearts and minds is intensifying and never have charities had to demonstrate their impact more.
Sitting in the Engagement Department, the Head of Public Relations is responsible for this charity's media, PR, corporate communications and events functions. You will own and foster their relationship with external audiences, from influencers such as media and celebrities, to key audiences and existing supporters.
Through your leadership, the organisation will continue to enjoy high levels of trust and retention from supporters and reputational risk will be proactively and well managed. You will play a crucial role in shaping an aligned, external/4 Countries communications plan that reflects internal priorities as well as being reactive to the external world context. You will help diversify the charity's reach to new audiences through multiple PR channels, with a key immediate focus on increasing public awareness of the nature and climate emergency and the charity by developing their PR activities alongside already strong media relations work.
- Demonstrable evidence of working closely with senior level internal stakeholders, including management board, trustees and high profile supporters to support them and manage high profile and fast paced public interventions
- Highly skilled at influencing key external stakeholders, including media, partners, official bodies and influencers, in order to put in place the strongest risk mitigation as well as be best placed to have a positive public presence
- Provide cross-organisational leadership of the organisation's PR, setting standards and developing capabilities and systems to work as one PR team
- Keen understanding of the issues that drive reputational risk for the charity and the different actors inputting into those, politically savvy and able to think through complex scenarios and responses quickly
- Excellent at spotting and leveraging trends in public sentiment and engaging in conversations to present the charity's story and cause to a diversity of audiences, at scale and persistently
- Expert at establishing and leveraging multiple channels and tactics and recognising the powerful content that will most engage people in the organisation's work
- Adept at working in a fast paced, high risk area, with the gravitas and calm leadership to manage crisis situations and challenging relationships
- Ability to apply insight into what will engage the charity's most salient audiences and understanding how to translate the organisatin'ns priorities into public engagement opportunities.
This is a 12 month Maternity Contract Full Time role for 37.5 hours per week.
The employer reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, 27 January 2022
Interviews will be held on 4th February.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.