Destination & Engagement Manager
Location: Sherwood Forest
Salary: £26,180.00 - £29,043.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
This is a Permanent Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week.
Are you an experienced Destination Marketer? Would you like the opportunity to market the iconic Sherwood Forest to the world? Do you have the drive to lead the visitor journey and engagement team to showcase the home of Robin Hood?
This charity is looking for an individual who has the drive and experience to market one of the UK’s most iconic tourist destinations. This new and exciting opportunity is ideal for an experienced destination marketeer who has the knowledge and skills to drive sustained diverse audiences.
You will lead the strategic delivery of the visitor journey & engagement teams with a strong target focussed approach. You will be responsible and have experience of leading on destination marketing and driving diverse footfall. You will be responsible for engaging with new markets to drive footfall and spend to the site.
What's the role about?
- Lead, co-create, deliver & monitor a rolling 12mth destination marketing & engagement plan to drive local, national & international footfall to the site aligned with the national destination marketing plan
- You will be the lead on destination marketing for the site
- Lead, co-create, deliver & monitor a rolling 12mth Equality Diversity & Inclusion plan to identify meaningful opportunities and long-term relationships for the benefit of people working/volunteering/experiencing the Sherwood landscape.
- Lead, co-create & deliver a 10yr thematic interpretation plan to drive funding/wider partnership working to drive footfall with the goal of providing deep immersive experiences.
- Develop comprehensive 5* visitor standards with 360 review & development opportunities to ensure that the reserves look their best all day, every day.
- Utilise evaluation tools for all aspects of engagement to measure growth, audience needs/preferences with engagement and commercial growth as a focus. Develop robust processes to evaluate local community and EDI engagement and impact as required.
- Control, monitor & report all relevant targets to demonstrate business case data for growth and funding.
- Develop a high performing visitor journey & engagement team with identified specific progression routes to maintain, motivation, corporate knowledge & growth.
- Apply effective risk management to ensure high reputational management of the reserves and the charity are maintained.
- Play an active role in the development of the 10yr whole site business plan to ensure that; destination management & engagement are represented and owned.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree/foundation level or equivalent experience in Marketing/Tourism or equivalent
- A natural leader with excellent communication skills who can successfully work & engage, influence, motivate & inspire across multi discipline team’s (internally/externally) at all levels to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Able to apply different/applicable leadership techniques to drive a high performing team
- Able to apply a long-term vision approach to ensure best use of resource with audience reach experience/engagement as the drivers
- Understands and is able to manipulate data to inform operational decision-making ensuring sustainable experience/engagement remain the drivers
- Computer literate – able to competently use excel, powerpoint, teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint
- Knowledge national & international tourism markets and trends
- Knowledge of local visitor economy
- Knowledge of audience segmentation and with worked experience of adapting marketing tactics accordingly
- High level of practical experience destination marketing to diverse audiences
- High level of practical experience of working with and through Destination Marketing Organisation to drive new & diverse footfall
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience
- Project Management qualification
- Ability to provide evidence-based resourcing needs with identified budgets
- Experience of business planning
- Experience of working in for an eNGO or within the charitable sector
- Experience of working at a visitor attraction
Closing date: 23:59, Fri, 18th Nov 2022
The charity is looking to conduct interviews for this position from W/C 28 November 2022
To apply, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.