Vacancy - Marketing Officer
Reference - MO/HM/150822
Location - United Kingdom
Function/Specialism - Charity
Expiry Date – 18th August 2022
Job Description - Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £23,000 to £26,000 per annum (pro rata)
Location: UK remote
Closing: 4th September 2022
We work to protect our ocean and all that depend on it: the wildlife, the people, and now, our planet. We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who also contribute their own perspectives and experiences to add to our knowledge and our culture.
- We are brave
- We have integrity
- We are a community
- We are credible
- We are positive
- We are solutions-focused
Can you create inspiring and engaging content that motivates people to support us as we fight for the future of the ocean?
Join our Marketing Team as our Marketing Officer and you’ll be doing just that. Our members are vital to sustaining our work and we have ambitious plans – there’s no time to waste.
You’ll understand our existing audiences, attract new ones, and have an eye for an impactful story that will resonate as part of an appeal.
Always looking to improve, you’ll monitor the activity and effectiveness of your campaigns and make sure our members and supporters have a great experience interacting with us.
We are determined to change the future for our ocean and our teams work with communities, businesses and governments so that together, we can make a difference. There is much to do, and you’ll be part of supporting our vital mission.
What you’ll do
- Find opportunities to raise the profile of the charity.
- Use our data system to build distribution lists for e-newsletters and letters.
- Benchmark our membership offer and supporter journey, collecting feedback and suggesting improvements.
- Report on your analysis of marketing activity for the effectiveness of our campaigns, taking the learning into the design of future campaigns.
What you’ll need to show us
- Your track record in achieving results through email marketing campaigns.
- Copywriting skills that can adapt and be attractive to our audiences and can be created out of non-specific briefs, and that work across various digital platforms.
- Good understanding of brand engagement.
- Full understanding of GDPR and PECR; and practical experience of ensuring compliance.
- Able to pay attention to the detail - in the numbers, and our data.
- Strong planning, prioritisation and scheduling skills, so you don’t miss a deadline, or a chance for us to grab an opportunity.
- That you can do all this, and remain focused on solutions, and optimistic for the outcomes.
What it’s like to join our team:
Our team are passionate advocates for our ocean and how it can support our climate. Our watercooler chats are like no other. We find that inspiring, but we’ve also got other ways to value your contribution:
- Annual leave that starts at 25 days’ a year, plus Bank Holidays, increasing with service.
- Christmas to New Year closedown as extra time off
- 6% contribution to our stakeholder pension scheme
- Sick pay at full-pay for 8 weeks, then 8 more weeks at half-pay (after probation ends)
- Great work/life balance through flexible working, and you can work remotely in the UK if that fits with your role
- Support for your health and wellbeing with a programme of activities and an employee assistance programme for you and the people who live with you
We also value who you are, and what you bring that makes you able to do your very best work. We work to our values, but welcome diversity of thought, of experience, and background. Equity, diversity and inclusion are part of everything that we do.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly those that are under-represented in environmental and charity sectors.
Ready to dive in?
We understand that the application process can be difficult if you have a condition or disability that you live with. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to shine during your application process, so please let us know what we can do to accommodate you (contact details will be provided upon starting the application process).
So, if you’re ready to step into a new role as a Marketing Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing and Communications Officer, Digital Content Officer, Communications Officer, Campaigns and Engagement Officer, or Strategic Marketing Officer.