Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement
Mission Aviation Fellowship UK (MAF) is a Christian organisation that, for over 75 years, has been flying light aircraft over remote locations around the world. Our efforts have enabled more than 2,000 aid, development and mission organisations to provide emergency relief, long-term development and Christian hope to remote communities.
We utilise the power of aviation and technology to reach isolated people in need around the globe as we believe nothing should stop people from receiving the essentials of life no matter how remote they are.
By helping to link communities isolated from today’s ‘connected world’, we are ensuring that the severity of medical emergencies, natural disasters, conflict and famine are reduced and the light of God now shines brightly there.
We are now seeking a Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement to join our team and lead the implementation of our innovative marketing and donor acquisition strategy.
- Salary of £52,000 - £56,000 per annum
- Non-contributory pension of 10% of salary on joining
- 22 days’ holiday plus eight public holidays and days between Christmas and New Year
If you are a marketing professional looking to gain senior marketing and strategy experience, this is the perfect opportunity to join our organisation and grow your career.
The support of our donors means we can continue to fly medical care and clean water to isolated communities. As you increase our support base, you will have the fulfilment of knowing that your work increases the number of lives we can help.
Working with us could be the adventure of a lifetime, so, if you have the marketing expertise to grow our base and share our values, we want to hear from you!
As our Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement, you will lead the development and implementation of an innovative marketing and donor acquisition strategy to raise the profile of our organisation.
In this varied role, you will focus on increasing our digital profile and developing our digital channels, increasing engagement and acquisition opportunities and affirming our existing audiences.
You will help harness and develop the expertise of our existing team and explore fresh and innovative approaches to our products and campaigns.
Additionally, you will improve our partnership strategies both within our organisation and externally to proactively share resources and expertise to serve the wider MAF family.
In this role, you will also:
- Lead the development and delivery of new products and innovative approaches to supporter engagement
- Maximise the potential of existing products and resources
- Develop strong relationships with newly acquired supporters
- Lead, manage and coach teams, supporting them in their development
- Work with Team leaders to set and manage budgets
To be considered as our Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement, you will need:
- Experience of delivering marketing strategies that positively impact awareness and growth
- Proven successful leadership experience
- Experience of working across online and offline marketing channels
- Experience setting, controlling and reporting on budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to discern how external factors may affect our organisation and proactively lead on innovation
- An understanding of GDPR legislation and the implications for marketing and fundraising
- A master’s degree (or equivalent) in management
Experience of working within a charity organisation would be beneficial to your application, as would membership of the Institute of Fundraising or any other relevant professional bodies.
Other organisations might call this role Head of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Head of Supporter Engagement, Head of Communications, Digital Marketing Manager, or Marketing Campaigns Manager.
Webrecruit and Mission Aviation Fellowship UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting opportunity as the Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.