Head of Digital Marketing
London (with hybrid working)
Blue Cross is one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
To support our efforts, we’re looking for a Head of Digital Marketing to join us on a full-time basis and provide direction and leadership for our digital marketing offering.
- Salary of up to £56,000 per annum, plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental, maternity, paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave
- Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
If you are an experienced digital marketing professional with a background in developing digital strategies, this is the perfect opportunity to join our incredible organisation and support our important work.
This is a rare opportunity to apply your marketing expertise and dynamic leadership style to have a real impact on our charity whilst being able to exhibit your love for animals too! You will help to increase awareness, education and funding, enabling us to continue to change the lives of pets across the UK.
If this sounds like your calling, we want to hear from you today!
As our Head of Digital Marketing, you will provide the vision and leadership for the development of our digital marketing.
Overseeing all aspects of digital marketing including digital development, content, user experience, social media and engagement, you will ensure innovation and a culture of continuous improvement for our offering across the website and digital channels.
You will lead the digital marketing team across digital development, content, social media and digital marketing, as well as developing and executing an overarching digital marketing strategy.
To be considered as our Head of Digital Marketing, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in developing digital strategies
- Proven practical experience in digital marketing across channels and approaches
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and convert
- Skill in driving digital innovation and transformation across an organization
- Experience of managing and optimising a large, consumer facing website
- Experience in developing large social media accounts
- High levels of competency when working with content management systems
- A deep understanding of user-led design
- Thorough understanding of Google AdWords and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in IT, including analytics, e-commerce, CRM, digital marketing and content strategy
A digital marketing qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of open source content management frameworks. Experience of working with not-for-profit organisations would also be advantageous.
This is a full-time role of 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the work of Blue Cross and this post, it may be necessary to exceed these hours when the workload demands.
Please note, we are currently trialling a hybrid working scheme where you will work a minimum of two days a week in the office and the other days will be home-based.
The salary for this role is a Grade 2.
To apply for this role, all candidates are required to complete the online application process, please select the apply button to read the job description to find out more.
The closing date for applications is the 11th February 2022. The first stage of the recruitment process will consist of a competency-based interview which will be held on the week commencing 21st February. Successful candidates will be invited back to an assessment day from the 7th to the 8th of March.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Marketing, Marketing Director, Head of Marketing Communications, Head of Digital Marcomms, Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Head of Digital Marketing & Engagement, or Head of Digital Marketing and Communications.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.