This job is archived
Events Development Manager - Full-Time
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £36,604.00 - £40,608.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 12 months
The purpose of this maternity cover role is to deliver and lead an organisation-wide corporate events strategy that ensures this charity meets both audience and business needs. The UK Events Team manages a range of communications events from the AGM and internal conferences to exhibition stands, networking receptions and public/supporter-facing webinars.
Managing a team of 6, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of strategic leadership, working with stakeholders and colleagues across a large organisation to maximise the effectiveness of an events programme and its resource. They will also have experience of managing a range of successful PR and Communications events to a high standard so that they can successfully guide the team in best practice.
An understanding of virtual, in person and hybrid events is essential, and candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 6 months experience in managing a virtual portfolio of events. Over the next 12 months the successful candidate will be expected to lead on a tender process for the most suitable online events platform(s) to deliver their now hybrid events programme.
What the employer needs from you:
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills evidenced through clear examples of where you have built strong working relationships
- Clear demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills to present, influence and represent the organisation
- Evidence of strong project management skills
- Experience of planning and managing projects including risks, costs, time and project teams
- Evidence of strong collaboration skills required to build partnerships and manage projects
- Proven track record of providing professional expertise on the delivery and smooth-running of corporate events as well as your ability to lead projects as required
- Significant experience of effective internal and external stakeholder management. Provide examples of how you have ensured that functional and strategic needs have been met through your events experience
- Clear demonstration of where you have ensured the team’s work is aligned with wider objectives and procedures in order to manage dependencies and maximise effectiveness and impact across the whole of UK.
This charity offers flexible working from a home location, although they will need the successful candidate to be able to travel 2-3 times a month to their offices in Sandy, Bedfordshire. Sandy is easily accessible via road and train from London, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Essex.
Closing date: 23:59, 27 January 2022
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
This charity is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.