Remote working with occasional travel to scheduled meetings/training/events at our office in Borough, London or other locations across the UK
We are the Chartered Institute of Fundraising, the membership body for UK fundraising. We represent and champion the work of individual fundraisers, charities and their partners.
Supporting fundraisers through professional development and education, we connect them across all sectors and skill sets to share and learn with each other. Together, we can best serve our causes and communities now and in the future.
We are now looking for a Member Content Manager to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £38,500 per annum
- 25 days' leave per year (rising to 30 with service), plus office closure between Christmas and new year
- Pension scheme
- Wellbeing & development - we offer benefits to support staff wellbeing and time off for volunteering
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Learning and development opportunities
- Social events
This is an outstanding opportunity for a creative content professional with excellent copy skills and a passion for all things digital to join our supportive organisation.
As the wonderous wordsmith driving our content strategy forward, you’ll have the chance to spread your creative wings, sharing your expertise with a like-minded team and helping fundraising organisations continue their vital work.
So, if you want to help us support charities to flourish in their work and make the biggest difference to life-changing causes, then apply today!
As a Member Content Manager, you will develop, curate, commission and deliver an engaging content plan that drives member value.
Operating in an in-house writing capacity, you’ll work with colleagues across our organisation to produce content that supports and delivers our organisational strategy and champions the achievements of our members.
You will understand the needs of different charities and fundraisers, developing a range of content such as exclusive member case studies, webinars, podcasts and guides that support the recruitment, retention and engagement of membership.
Additionally, you will:
- Produce content and commission and curate content from members and partners
- Identify subjects and speakers for member forums and other events
- Use audience insight to create and co-ordinate online and offline messaging
To be considered as a Member Content Manager, you will need:
- Experience devising, leading and implementing content strategies, with a focus on digital
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience maximising the use of content on organisational social media channels
- Experience commissioning colleagues and external fundraisers and partners to write copy
- Experience editing and publishing copy written by others
- Relationship management experience
- An understanding of different channels, platforms and audiences and how to engage them
- The ability to identify, develop and tell a good story
- Strong editorial, copywriting and proofreading skills
- Effective communications skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
The closing date for this role is 25th August 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Communication and Engagement Manager, Social Media and Content Manager, Content Lead, Content Manager, Digital Content Manager, or Communications Manager.
The Chartered Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
So, if you’re looking for a brilliant new opportunity as a Member Content Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.