This job is archived
Our client is seeking a creative, meticulous Digital Content Editor to support a major content migration project as they develop three new websites.
Digital Content Editor (Project Support)
Position Type: Full-Time / Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Salary £28,437 (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Our client is an international conservation charity. Their vision is a world where wildlife thrives and they are working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, they are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of their pioneering scientists, their dedicated conservationists and their unrivalled animal experts in their two zoos, their purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct.
You will help to develop and maintain this organisation's digital channels including, play an integral role in the construction its new websites, and support related social media accounts. You will be communicating and promoting the work of the charity to a global audience. This post will combine office-based working (London) and remote working with some travel required to their sister Zoo in Bedfordshire.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Migrating content from their old site to one of the new sites – editing and updating as necessary
- Content gathering and research conducted by liaison with internal experts
- Create fresh content in line with the content strategy for the new websites
- Monitor social media channels and create and post relevant content
- Source, write and edit web and social content in a consistent editorial style in line with brand guidelines
- Support the Digital Content Team in the creation of day-to-day and campaign content
- Strong writing skills, able to create crisp and compelling copy, and flexibility to do this across a wide range of topic areas
- Strong verbal and communications skills, able to build relationships and liaise effectively with people at all levels across the organisation to harvest/create compelling content
- Experience working across a variety of social media platforms
- A good eye for a story and an understanding of what makes interesting online content
- A methodical approach to processing large volumes of content
- Desire to learn more about the world of online and digital media
- Ability to write for multiple audiences in specific tone of voice as directed
- Ability to work to a deadline and manage one’s own time effectively
This is a fantastic position for an individual looking to develop their Digital skills and gain experience as a key contributor to a large-scale website project. You will have exposure to a variety of departments and stakeholders at different levels.
If you have the aspiration to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the Digital Content team within this charity, then they would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 30 January 2022.
This employer encourages applications from all backgrounds and they know the value of having a team of employees with diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. They actively encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented in this department.
This charity is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. This organisation is a charity registered in England and Wales.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.