Key Account Manager – client facing role managing a small number of major insurance sector accounts in mid-sized international law firm. Hybrid working.
This international law firm has a formidable reputation within litigation and insurance. It has grown significantly in recent years and boasts collaborative partnership with a low staff turnover. In addition, it has invested heavily in growing its key account and client development function. This is therefore a really exciting time to be joining.
In this Key Account Manager role, you will be part of the firm’s dedicated key account and client care team. The team has grown the key account programme with the addition of new accounts and is set to grow further. You will be responsible for three insurance sector clients. One of these accounts is one of the firm’s largest global accounts and the additional two are growth accounts.
You will be client facing in your management of these clients. In particular, you will:
- Coach and support partners on account management best practice;
- Come up with ideas for partnering with your key clients and developing the client relationship;
- Account planning and regular account meetings to drive forward client activity;
- Working with partners to cross-sell;
Developing bespoke communications and thought leadership for key clients;
- Conduct client feedback and client reviews;
- Play an advisory role on any bids and proposals to those clients;
- Manage, upskill and develop two more junior members of the team.
You will have account management experience gained in the legal or wider professional services sector. Ideally you will have some knowledge of the insurance sector or have worked as an account manager within the insurance sector. Business Development Managers with experience of managing key accounts will also be considered.