This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive individual to advance their property management career. The senior property manager will focus on the management of let property throughout the whole rental process, from tenancy start up stage to tenancy termination.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary package which includes a fantastic benefits package including a variety of flexible benefits allowing you to choose those that suit your personal circumstances including purchasing additional leave, health cash plans, cycle to work scheme and so on!
- To administer the management of let residential properties to include efficient and correct handling of problems arising during the tenancy, managing any repairs, overseeing check-ins and check-outs as necessary and dealing with any arrears.
- Conduct six monthly inspections of all properties, advising Landlords of any changes or issues arising. Promptly notifying tenants of any areas where action is required.
- Manage the relationship with the landlord, including reporting and accounts matters
- Identify and recommend need for property upgrades and refurbishment, organising any between tenancy work, including that arising from dilapidations to allow for a timely re-let to maximise Landlord’s income.
- Chase late rents liaising with accounts department and lettings team at Winchester
- Update records and maximise the use of databases such as Reapit to ensure all property and tenant details are up to date
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Landlord and Tenant/Tenancy Law and Money Laundering
- Support the excellent reputation of Carter Jonas by providing a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients and tenants who visit or contact the office
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping and communications to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance
- Be a positive influence within the team helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment
- To arrange booking of Gas and Electrical Certificates and EPCs
- To instruct contractors, ensure they have full risk assessments, insurance and liability insurance, and checking that jobs instructed have been carried out in a timely manner to the required standard
- Contribute to the success of Carter Jonas with regard to cross-selling and other opportunities by understanding the functions of and communicating effectively with other departments
- To mentor and develop the other property manager
- To monitor the emergency phone at weekends, shared with the other Property Manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the office.
What will it take to be successful?
- You will be an experienced property manager looking to take the next step in your career, or an established senior property manager looking for your next challenge. You will have a proven track record in residential property lettings and property management, together with a keen awareness of local competition. Ideally, you will also be qualified to ARLA I/II standard or have equivalent standard of experience. You will have a professional manner and excellent customer service skills, be a strong administrator, computer literate and have good organisational skills, with the ability to take the initiative in a confident and personable manner. You will be a strong team player with good interpersonal skills, numerate with excellent written and verbal communication along with fine attention to detail.
AMR are one of the UK’s largest specialist recruiters for the Property, Estate Agency, Lettings & Property Management, Land & New Homes, Commercial Property and the Mortgage Market.
We recruit for the roles of: Branch Manager, Residential Sales Manager, Valuer, Lister, Senior Sales Negotiator, Residential Sales Negotiator, Residential Sales Progressor, Country Homes Negotiator, Senior Lettings Negotiator Lettings Negotiator, Lettings Manager, Lettings Coordinator, Letting Administrator, Property Manager, Block Manager, Regional Manager, Regional Director, Area Manager, New Homes Sales Advisor, Land Finder, Land Buyer, Surveyor, Mortgage Advisor, Mortgage Consultant, Commercial Negotiator, New Homes Sales Consultant.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance, we will also therefore not hold your data.